detailing help please :(

cam87

Reaction score
Ok so I have used some snow foam on my car using my karcher and the crappy bottle that comes with the jet washer. I think I have used too high of a concentration and it has stripped the top coating of the rubber seals around all the windows (3 door) they still look pretty normal except that you can see water marks after is been raining. I have put some chemical guys trim restorer on them last night but from previous experience when it rains it just ends up running down the paintwork :(
Is there anything I can put on them that will really bring them back and stop watermarks? anyone used Gtechniq?

Thanks guys

303 Aerospace Protectant is great for restoring and preserving rubber trims. And to be honest, they'll show water marks easily from day 1 so I doubt you've damaged anything.

Reactions: Relliott6879
An all purpose cleaner with a microfibre cloth will get rid of these, or even autoglym super resin polish or a glass cleaner have been known to work as well

Get a proper snow foam applicator for your Karcher, they really arent expensive. Also there are dilution ratios on the snow foam bottle. Did you just put neat stuff in it????

Aerospace 303, Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber or Carpro Perl are all good for door rubbers etc. What snow foam are you using? Most are PH neutral and won't strip sealants.

i would not go anywhere near your rubber trims with super resin polish. autofiness rejuivinate or nanolex trim would be another 2 options.

+2 Will also dry it out and leave white residue which will be harder to remove. Try Gtechniq C4. Just make sure to wipe seals down as clean as possible.

+2 Will also dry it out and leave white residue which will be harder to remove. Try Gtechniq C4. Just make sure to wipe seals down as clean as possible.

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered the aerospace 303 and it should be here today so I will put that on and if im not happy with that then Gtechniq it will be

The Gtechniq C4 is expensive for the size of bottle but it last for a considerable amount of time as long as surface is cleaned thoroughly. You don't need to use a lot so bottle will last.

As a detailer myself I wouldn't use anything other than swissvax seal feed, it's especially for rubber seals,

That's after I gave the seals a decent wash to remove any water marks

It's not cheap but it's more than worth it

£42 for 250ml

Reactions: cam87
Dont use snow foam neat, did you not read the instructions?