Detailing advice for newbie please

Pavloc

Hi Everyone,
I’ve been reading lots of threads re detailing and would like some advice. I’ve looked after my cars - washing/ claying/hand polishing/ hand waxing in the past but want to go to a better level not aiming for absolute perfection due to time/effort/other commitments (sorry to the die hards !)
For the paint (Daytona grey) I’ve just Ordered the pb da-900 (+ various SPTA hex pads), pb black hole glaze, pb natty paste black should I get the pb px sealant (or other make)? If so when should it be used - some use befor wax, others after. What is best for longevity of the finish?
Car is a 4 year old a6 bitdi avant.

Pavloc

Image hopefully attached

Attachments

• 590528EC-394C-479F-8EA8-17440969285B.jpeg
    590528EC-394C-479F-8EA8-17440969285B.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 198

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
You should polishing compound as a glaze won't correct the paint

Pavloc

You should polishing compound as a glaze won't correct the paint
Hi jassyo- thanks for reply. I will be using my clay and polish with the pb-da900. Question was about sealant use. B4 or after glaze/wax? With or without glaze? Any sealant recommendation for this car/paint? Thanks

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Hi jassyo- thanks for reply. I will be using my clay and polish with the pb-da900. Question was about sealant use. B4 or after glaze/wax? With or without glaze? Any sealant recommendation for this car/paint? Thanks

Apply the Sealant after you've corrected /cleansed the paint there's alsorts of Sealants on the market from spray on etc etc this one is raved about and has high endurance
Screenshot_20190215-161023.png

Pavloc

Cool- reviews look good. Product description is more of a wax than a sealant though. I’m thinking of using a sealant b4 the natty wax . My pb black hole turned up today and say apply b4 sealant so that’s cool