Facelift Detailed Radio Information

Count Drunkula

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my facelift RS3 for a few weeks now after upgrading from a mk7 golf R estate and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue I'm having.

I have the display set to show DAB logos and detailed radio information in the radio setting but regardless of station or band I dont get any information eg Current artist or radio presenter.

g9mhbxa.jpg

q1efrCl.jpg

Is it possible to have the radio text displayed on the logo screen without pressing the right menu button and going to radio text?

So far it hasnt made any difference on any station be it a national DAB station or FM

I have never been able to have this information displayed . I’m not sure it can be ! It’s very strange considering the rest of the tech in the car, I have a FL e-trin with all the toys too .

I’m afraid the only way to get this info is by pressing the right menu button and going to radio text, which is so annoying...if VW can display this info without going into any menu options, why the hell can’t Audi!!!

“Vorsprung durch Technik”.......I don’t think so!!!

Reactions: Count Drunkula
Thought it was weird as this is my 3rd MQB platform car and the only 1 that cannot do this

Mrs's car is an average spec Kia Stonic, Shows full station information, artist track etc by default. She loved pointing out that my A3 doesn't until we extended the discussion to what my A3 does that her car doesn't.....

Weirdly I watched a video on YouTube the other day about upgrading to fan style washer jets and on US spec cars it seems they have detailed radio information

I've never understood why the tick box can't be in the settings so permanently on or off - I also had a software update done on my car recently and now even more annoying if you have radio text on but then switch to phone/nav etc and then go back to radio you have to turn it on again.

It used to remember switching between options until next ignition recycle

Audi in general seems to be incredibly bad at writing maintains and updating the software in its cars, phone apps and web interfaces . I have complained about this with nearly every release where there seems to be no testing and another major bug appears ! With my e-tron I still do not have the functionality in software I had when I bought the car 18 months ago I have complained and they have told me they are working on it for 18 months . This is all rather embarrassing and a warning as cars become more technologically reliant , and need not only physical maintenance but software too . It will be interesting to see what happens when road signage changes or another aspect of the road system does and cars Saftey features no longer work as intended without being updated !

They always say Apple don't give them the software to test in advance, so they are always one operating system behind and my friend who is a mastertech always complains about iphones

Ironically when I was in the workshop with him they use an ipod touch to run the Audicam - Brilliant!

They always say Apple don't give them the software to test in advance, so they are always one operating system behind and my friend who is a mastertech always complains about iphones

Ironically when I was in the workshop with him they use an ipod touch to run the Audicam - Brilliant!
This is BS. Apple has a development program, of which I am a member, so know that software is made available to the developers who care well in advance of any release.

This is BS. Apple has a development program, of which I am a member, so know that software is made available to the developers who care well in advance of any release.

Totally agree with you and I always assumed it was BS but not a lot you can say when you're standing in service reception and they say it's because you've got a new iphone - Very frustrating

I thought it looked a very basic looking display when I bought the car compared to my previous merc, jag and even bmw (which I hated the boring interior and didn't think it could look worse than bm). It seems very behind other manufacturers.

I came here looking for an answer to this as I was also finding it a bit annoying. I guess one workaround is to listen to radio via Apple CarPlay TuneIn Radio but it's not ideal to be using data for radio listening!

Is this a bug and is the text is supposed to appear? (wondering if there's a possibility of a fix if it's been reported).

This annoys me too, the radio display generally looks 10 year behind the equivalent on my previous Golf.

Another area where VW firmware is better than Audi, is when you've sent a destination to the car remotely. In the Golf once the destination(s) have been read by the car you get a pop up on whatever screen you are on to say new destinations received and you can select them to go straight to them in Nav. In the Audi you get nothing. You have to navigate to the myaudi contacts area wait for it to connect and then select the new ones. It also seems to take much longer for the destinations to come through than on the Golf. Considering Audi is meant to be the premium brand I would expect it's tech to be as good, if not better than, other VAG vehicles, not worse.

Reactions: dantdi
You will have to wait for the next gen of A3 to see any improvement, but then it be all touchscreen and no touch wheel on the central console. It is generally accepted that the mmi system, still being the same as it was when the A3 first came out, is behind other manufacturer's versions.

In a similar vein, my 8P Black Edition used to ask me if I wanted it to read out incoming SMS messages when my phone was connected using Bluetooth. My 8V has nothing as useful.

In a similar vein, my 8P Black Edition used to ask me if I wanted it to read out incoming SMS messages when my phone was connected using Bluetooth. My 8V has nothing as useful.

That is available on the 8V - You have to turn on notifications in the phone - Bluetooth and choose the I next to the car connection and turn on notifications

Then when a text message arrives you can open it up and then there is an option to read it out

You'll have to give it a go - Are you getting text messages come through at all

There is no notification setting for Bluetooth.

You need to go into Bluetooth and find your car should be Audi MMI and some numbers and then press the I at the end - then you have an option to turn on notifications - This will be there whether the car supports it not if I remember right.

When a text comes in you see an envelope and have to go into phone and open inbox then top right is read I think

Am doing this from my office

HTC 10 on Android.

Ok I'm not sure about android - I have an iPhone and it's really simple - It's not in the MMI

Google brings up a lot about Android Auto don't know if you have that

Also something about in phone settings- Bluetooth is Bluetooth sms denied

Other than that hopefully somebody else will help but might need to start a new thread specifically about Android and text messages on the MMI