Detachable Towbar Hitch storage

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi
My 2010 2.0TDi Quattro A4 Avant has a detachable Westphalia towbar/hitch.

The tow hitch is usually stored, wrapped up in a rag, in my wheel well, but I was wondering is there a proper foam insert for the B8 Avant that goes below the space saver that has a "cut out" in foam to hold the tow hitch......

The B7 A4's had one like this :

B7 Insert

Is there something similar for the B8 Avant ?

Mines has one and is stored in the left hand side of the boot floor , not in the wheel well but in a plastic box where it clips in a holder

The holder goes inside the left of the boot, behind the cover at the side. Above boot floor level.
attachment.php

Ah Zafi, your towbar must of been a factory fit then to have that special holder - no doubt that detachable tow hitch holder will cost fortunes at an Audi Dealer ....

Anyone know of the special storage holder comes from Audi or Westfalia ?

Last edited:
I think they are about £20. It's not mine, I use a cloth bag and put it left side of the spare wheel.
I have other stuff stored in the compartment on the left of the boot.

Part numbers for the OEM holders:

MY09 - 8T0 011 213

MY10 >> - 8T0 011 213 B

Last edited:
I have the factory fit towbar on my car and removed the holder and the towbar and it lives in the garage now, Can't see the point of dragging the weight around everywhere when I only use it a few times a year. When I am towing the caravan it's in place. When I park the van I remove the swan neck and put it in the front compartment of the van.

Karl.

Yes, that would work if you just tow the one thing

Sorry what I meant was when I get to the campsite it's in the front of the van, then when I get back home the van goes to storeage and the towball goes in the garage again. I have a trailer that I use occasionally at home.

I have been asked to post a picture of where the holder is located. I can conform the part number is 8T0 011 213 on my car which is an 08. The later part looks identical to the earlier one, I presume there must be some subtle difference.
There is a metal support bracket that goes behind the holder.

Karl.

That's just the same place as we stuff ours!
I was told it went in the side compartment.

I only have the standard amp in my car and that would get in the way, If you had more options like a Bose amp you wouldn't have the room.

Karl.

Many thanks for your replies, the part 8T0 011 215 now on order, and you get change from £12 -