Desperately trying to find rear coil springs

tonybolony

Reaction score
if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, i need a rear coil spring for my MOT , i ahve tried so many places, and every time i get, this part will not fit your car, i am now loosing the will to live

its a 1999 S4 Estate, i have dont the parts req, i have done loads of ebay messages to people etc, i dont know where to go next, i could cry, i want my baby back on the road

i would like to do that eventually, this is just to get my MOT done, i did find a place that had Eibach springs, and on there parts list reckoned it was for my car, but when i gave the vin n reg they said it wouldnt fit my car :-(

thankyou for that, info written down, but for now i want a single replacement spring just to put it through its MOT

Your not supposed to change just one as springs do wear from corrosion and the spring rate changes so I would do the upgrade or go coil over route have a few numbers that are for the a4s

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

your only option for a standard spring is the dealership, or find someone breaking an S4.

Aftermarket companies dont seem to make springs for Sport models (not even A4 Sports)

If your really desperate, any A4 quattro spring will fit, but the ride height will be away to ****.

When i first got my 1.8T quattro it had a broken spring, but only about half a coil had snapped off. I simply removed the spring, cut the end square with the grinder, and reinstalled it (adjusting the rubber seat parts so it all sat properly) and job done.

buycarparts sell single Eibach pro-kit springs, which will work, but buying them seperately will end up costing more than buying the full kit, and its really not a good idea to have mismatching springs across an axle of the car.

i appreciate all the help, reason for replacing a spring is last year i had a cracked one on MOT so i managed to get one from German Swedes, they only had the one, now that the MOT was due i was looking over the car and notice other has a crack in it, i thought nevermind , i can get one easy enough!! i was wrong arrrgh

Out of interest, what coloured dot sequence is on your rear spring? Only reason I mention this - is I used to have a 2001 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport Avant which I sold last year, but I still have a genuine Audi rear spring (used but in serviceable condition) in the garage. You're welcome to it if you pay postage and it fits your car.

It's two pinks dots and a white dot.

Reactions: tonybolony
Hi Spartacus, i will look later today and see if i can see the dot seq, and drop you a pm

Here's the spring. I've boxed it up so will get postage costs for you.

Reactions: Sandra and tonybolony