Desperate Help With Insurance

I

imported_Strider81

Trying to get myself insured on my s3 as for the past 9 months while ive been finishing my degree i have leant it to my sister.

Thing is when i bought it for insurace purposes i registered my old dear as the owner but now she wants all the paper work in my name and I also want to start collecting some NCD.

Im 23 with one driviing convition (SP60) and one theft claim (£100).

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a good deal or any ways of getting my premium cheaper!

so far my cheapest quote was £2500 from elephant and I dont wanna pay that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going to be expensive which ever way you look at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Goodluck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

ummm... good luck... just try calling everywhere the places below might be a good start.

Adrian Flux
Direct Line
Lloyds TSB
Tesco

I'm 23 with 3 years NCB and no points, no claims, in what I think is quite a good post code any mines only went below a 1k on last renewal. think the best was £850 from Lloyds from memory.

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to get myself insured on my s3 as for the past 9 months while ive been finishing my degree i have leant it to my sister.

Thing is when i bought it for insurace purposes i registered my old dear as the owner but now she wants all the paper work in my name and I also want to start collecting some NCD.

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a good deal or any ways of getting my premium cheaper!

so far my cheapest quote was £2500 from elephant and I dont wanna pay that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate, those claims etc. must be really w*nk, I'm with elephant on my '01 (made a difference) S3. Mine cost me £680, with 2 yeaars ncb, 10 months though, but still! MY renewal was 840 with admiral though.

i have a 1.8t and i'm with elephant, i'm only 20 with a SP30 and cost me £1400 had i added my g/f b4 taking it out would have cost £1000.

Do yourself a favour add a woman with a clean licence and no claims as an added driver makes a differance as you can see from my qoutes

I got a quote form Admiral online for 600 quid my renual from Tescos was 1500. Big difference.
Thas is with an SP50 and a CU30.
Best thing to do is ring around and eveywhere if you put in the leg work you will get good results.

jeez..

just insured my 99 1.8T with Bell Direct for 450 with protected NCD, as have 5yrs.

but kinda takes me back when I had a clapped our Renault 19 and that cost around 900 quid a year which was pretty much the value of the car...lol

On average, what would you expect a single SP offence to add to the premium?

(Think i may have just clocked up my first one last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, doing 85+ in a 70)

[ QUOTE ]
On average, what would you expect a single SP offence to add to the premium?

(Think i may have just clocked up my first one last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, doing 85+ in a 70)

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the insurer, could be zilch, as most peoples have an offence or onother these days or in my case 3 years ago, it was +£30 on the premium. Now got a clean record though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I'm 22, (turnin 23 soon) with Elephant, first time got a car under my name with "bonus accelerater" for the no-claims free, and I'm payin £2300 (it's a fair bit but I think pretty good considering it's the first time I have a car under my own name)

Remember that adding a female driver with experience (your mum) to policy may bring it down.
i am with bell direct (sister of admiral and elephant - who i was with 4 years prev.) and it reduced my premium by 100.
My mum lives in london and will never drive my car but hey if it saves me money - what do i care!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

try playing with the variables on the online quote systems and work out what is best for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is gonna be expensive whatever you try.

S3+Young driver+conviction+No NCD = OUCH!

I'm 25 with 4 years NCD, and elephant was my 2nd best quote at around £800 with protected NCD IIRC. Best quote came from Egg.com.

As some of the guys have said try and get a female with a good record to go the main driver. It's probably your only hope.

Good Luck......

Cheers for the info guys will have the old dear on as the occassional driver then and do the leg work-will let u know how it goes!

got my premium down from £2500 with elephant to £1500 with elephant by just adding my sister!!!!

RESULT!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

thanks alot for the advice guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
got my premium down from £2500 with elephant to £1500 with elephant by just adding my sister!!!!

RESULT!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, now go and drive it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

RESULT!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably the first and only time your sister will save you a grand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

very well said Ian, however im sure if you tell her she'll find a way to spend the money you saved on her.. always do..

lol! na she already owes me as i leant her the car and she saw the light n just bought herself a 04 3.2 quattro!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Yeh i'd say adding a woman instead of using them as the named driver is cheaper, dont know why just seems to work that way.

[ QUOTE ]
huh

so if i put my mum on the policy as a named driver it will lower my price?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it a try! you may be suprised?

Mine went down a £100 as soon as I added my girlfriend....

just tried direct line and they added £50

elephant reduced by £150 but it was still more than direct line by myself...

nice trick to know for the future though

I am with elephant so that would make sense. Will try direct line next year.