Deposit placed for an RS3!

Hmm, octane booster in, battery disconnected to reset, cars still doing it :( maybe I've not given it enough time.. not what I was hoping when I purchased the car!

Hmm, octane booster in, battery disconnected to reset, cars still doing it :( maybe I've not given it enough time.. not what I was hoping when I purchased the car!
Drive it like a granny until you get it back to the dealer/tuner.

Reactions: sve170
Dropped them a message earlier to query them, they said to wait for this tank of 99 to run down for the car to adapt.

Still drive it like a granny.
Sounds like the map is way too aggressive mate.

Will do :) Got used to driving it carefully now! It was annoying, as when I tested it earlier there was some smooth pulls, really felt quick!

Cars all booked in for this Thursday now :)
Fingers crossed it's nothing serious!

I’m sure it will be something trivial Jimmy.
Tweak here and there and the jobs a horse!

Thanks, fingers crossed :)

On a side note, how much of a ball ache is it to join RS3oc! Would be great to chat to the chap who had the car before me. Nice that it's from a forum member.

Thanks, fingers crossed :)

On a side note, how much of a ball ache is it to join RS3oc! Would be great to chat to the chap who had the car before me. Nice that it's from a forum member.

Hi Jimmy, I had no probs joining the rs3oc (I take it you've checked junk mail etc?).

The two guys who owned your car prior to you are both members there. Hwugo was on again the other day, if you pm me I will pm Hwugo and see if he minds exchanging numbers with you bud.

Hi Jimmy, I had no probs joining the rs3oc (I take it you've checked junk mail etc?).

The two guys who owned your car prior to you are both members there. Hwugo was on again the other day, if you pm me I will pm Hwugo and see if he minds exchanging numbers with you bud.

Yeah, checked junk mail, and dropped them a few messages on Facebook. Seems fine until the validation email, and can't join by Facebook too.

That would be great, thank you :) Even email would be cool :)

James

Have pm'd him for you James. Will let you know if I get anything back. Scott

Just back from the tuners now, they changed the coil pack, and the spark plugs, it's all working now! :) sure weather it was related to the 97 octane though.

I finally managed to give it full acceleration on the way home, seems ****** quick! has the same shove in the back as the RS6 had, looking forward to taking it on my favourite road tomorrow.

Reactions: Luiggi
Coils must’ve been breaking down under load.
Some tuners reduce the gap on the plugs to remedy this but it only hides faulty coils.
Glad it’s sorted.

Please to hear it's sorted and glad it wasn't anything serious. Glad it now seems to be living up to your expectations!:superman:

Thanks guys :) Really pleased it wasn't anything more serious. I filled up with V max on the way home.....

The 5 cylinder sound is very addictive at higher revs too!

Brilliant news James and good to hear you are finally enjoying your car, still waiting to hear back from Hwugo but will let you know when he does.

lol just posted that and he sent his details, check your inbox James.

Brilliant news James and good to hear you are finally enjoying your car, still waiting to hear back from Hwugo but will let you know when he does.

Really pleased with it! My MPG had taken a turn for the worse now though! Very addictive the sound! That's great as well, I'll drop him a message :)

Hi all,

I went to view a Sepang blue RS3 today, and ended up putting a deposit down! I was finding the RS6 a bit too large for the roads around here, and wasn't really using the power (stage 1 C7)

The test drive of the RS3 was fantastic, I preferred the 5 cylinder to the V8, much more addictive! I spent most of the drive shifting from 4th to 3rd to hear the over run.. its lovely and nimble as well in the corners. This one has had quite a bit of work done by the looks of it, but I was amazed how loud it could be one minute, and in comfort, completely docilel, very much looking forward to Thursday now! This is the spec-

MRC Stage 2 software upgrade. Additional/supporting modifications include: MRC Stage 2 S-Tronic map, Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump, HG Motorsport Turbo Inlet, K&N Panel Filter, Milltek Decat Downpipe, Milltek Secondary Decats and Forge Front Mounted Intercooler.

Looks the absolute dogs Nutz

Reactions: rs6jimmy