Deposit Paid on New RS3 Saloon

Burnsa89

Reaction score
Received an email from Crewe Audi yesterday saying they have now received their allocation for the new RS3. They have now taken a deposit to guarantee me one of their allocated cars. They expect that i will be able to order one around June / July with delivery at the end of the year :)

Reactions: hood, AudiNutta, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
Received an email from Crewe Audi yesterday saying they have now received their allocation for the new RS3. They have now taken a deposit to guarantee me one of their allocated cars. They expect that i will be able to order one around June / July with delivery at the end of the year :)
Excellent news. :)

Reactions: Kelza, Spaceman_RS3 and Burnsa89
Now I see this is a double edged sword to some degree ....

on one hand you are guaranteeing yourself a car which is great news, as there is a possibility they may be long lead times or limited numbers.

on the other hand, you have given the Dealer money to secure an order so are effectively commiting to buying a car.
From a negotiation point of view, the Dealer will surely be inclined to charge you full whack with zero discount now, as he knows your sale is effectively 'in the bag'.

Or have you pre-agreed a discount with the Dealer and know you will get a fair part-ex, if you have a trade in car ?

But if you do want to be front of the queue then this gives you a better chance of getting a car sooner granted.

Congrats though, these cars are great and are worth the wait :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and L1ARR
What price is it as allocated ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
Great news on the RS3 saloon. Keep us updated on your progress with ordering.

Snake, there won't be any discounts on these cars anyway!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Sounds great, nice to see some progress being made but I won't be putting any money down just yet... too into the S3 to go that serious into changing.

I plan on waiting for the first demo, extended test drive or two and then decide because I really don't need any more than what I have now other than a few bits missing on spec.

Well done that man.
I want the car in a year so will hold fire but as discounts will be totally negligible on this anyhow you are quite right to stick a grand or whatever down at the moment.
The early RS3s were selling for more than list and I don't see this being too much different.
A ****** long wait though!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Why wil there be little or no discount ?

There were plenty of us who got decent discounts on the pre-FL !

If everyone thinks there will be zero discount then Audi will be over the moon.

I can believe little or no discount for the ones who want to be front of the queue, as that is the same for anything, but hold out a few months & for sure discounts will start to appear.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm sure 5% or something like that would be achievable after a few months but I meant if the guy wants to be one of the first with it.In that scenario I'd think they might offer you about 1K off it as a gesture.
I hope I'm wrong of course.
10% would be nice but aint going to happen.

So he's put £1k deposit down, how much is the car though?!

TX.

That's not the point, jeeez.

It's a deposit, not a full payment. Why do some people have trouble understanding why others put a deposit down on a car??? After all, we've been selling that idea ourselves for a long time.

Calm down dear, he has a deposit put down so what is the price of the car? If he doesn't know then just say.

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and tomwrigleyperformance
Come on terminator, you know he doesn't know the price of the car yet as it's not been announced. You were being facetious!

I'm assuming it will be a self-specced dealer allocation car and not one that some pleb specced in the dealer like so many crap specced 8V's initially last time??

Reactions: AudiNutta
Its basically a deposit to ensure i get first refusal. I may change my mind when i can actually order / spec the car but at least now i am at the front of the queue. The deposit is refundable should i not choose to proceed or i am unable to strike a deal with them. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Splathead and FBF01