Dension model's confusing

J0N35Y

Reaction score
Afternoon all, I'm looking for some help here as I've made a bit of a booboo and ended up with the wrong Dension adapter for my car.

It all started when I bought an Xcarlink adapter. This started playing up, found a wire had come out. Repaired it and it's still playing up every now and again. So I decided to go for a Dension instead, that's where it all got a bit confusing!!

I bought one second hand thinking it would fit my stereo but low and behold.......it doesn't fit :0(

I have a B7 A4 Avant with Bose and Symphony HU. This has the in dash 6 cd changer installed.

The adapter I have in front of me has a different connector that goes into the head unit. I'm presuming that if I had a separate cd changer this would fit perfectly?

Could anybody please lead me to the correct adapter that I require? Maybe somebody who has the same setup as me or someone who is switched on about these systems??

I just don't want to end up buying the wrong thing again.

As for the Dension I have, it's up for sale. Just want my money back on it.

Pm me for details.

Thanks in advance

Mark

How old is the B7, does the symphony II have a tape player and 6 CD or just the 6 CD.

GW100-AC1 is the Quadlock connections model for Symphony II+ with 6 CD only
GW100-AC2 is the ISO connections model for Symohony II with Tape deck and 6 CD

55 plate B7. Thanks for your reply mate. It has a tape deck too. So that's the one i need then.

Just a quick one, would i be able to replace just the harness or can i only buy the whole thing?

I've just noticed that the model i require says the car has to have steering wheel controls. Is this correct or will it still work? I don't have steering wheel control :0(

Id imagine the only difference is the harness as dension sell them on there own, I think there called a break out cable or something

I can't seem to find one anywhere, care to share???

Give them a call. I bought a second hand dension gateway 100 that cam with both ISO & quadlock harness