Dension Kit= Massive FAIL!

seb13

Reaction score
For some background...All I want is to be able to listen to my iPod and access the playlists easily...

Autosounds said this kit will do it and oh man is it pants!

So, now I think I'm going to get a Parrot MKi9200 and put it in...Wondered what other people are doing when they don;t have a factory fit iPod connection?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Seb

RNS-E & AMI, never fails, I personally use mine with an additional wireless ami dongle & stream soundcloud, love it.

I actually had a look at that but the cost started freaking me out so did the RNS-E...Thing is, if I get a parrot then at least it doesn't rule out Car Play for the future... helps that I'm an Apple fanboy haha

Meant to say, went into Halfords for a chat about them and they were a proper bunch of bedwetters...."it's hard to do this in an audi" "you can't do that with Bose" "£250 on top of unit price..."

Dude, I'd not even entertain mentioning this in Halfords. That is unless you like being fed bullpoop :)

I actually had a look at that but the cost started freaking me out so did the RNS-E...Thing is, if I get a parrot then at least it doesn't rule out Car Play for the future... helps that I'm an Apple fanboy haha

Meant to say, went into Halfords for a chat about them and they were a proper bunch of bedwetters...."it's hard to do this in an audi" "you can't do that with Bose" "£250 on top of unit price..."

Dude, I'd not even entertain mentioning this in Halfords. That is unless you like being fed bullpoop :)

I used to work at halfords installing these. Unlike most of the installers I met in my time, I actually have a brain. On top of that, not all aftermarket companies are worth the time of day either. I'd rank some of them lower in terms of ability and service than halfords.

You CAN fit these into an audi with bose. It just requires a particular lead that has to be ordered in. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a hard install, but it certainly isn't easy. There are space limitations and some hard wiring involved. The extra money would be for the correct lead (which isn't cheap) and the additional time taken to fit the kit. The parrot kit is a good option for bluetooth A2DP and H2F. For the handsfree functionality alone its one of the best in terms of a user interface, everything is easy to do which is exactly what you want when you're driving.

Personally I'd give the RNS-E and AMI a second vote. Yes it'll cost you, but you can't beat the factory system for functionality with things like the MFD and steering wheel controls. You'll also have the option to add factory bluetooth for H2F (handsfree calling).

I guess I did come across a bit harsh, and while I'm sure some Halfords staff are focused on customer service or know their stuff, I have never had the pleasure of meeting one, hence the summary 'judgement'. I didn't mean to offend.

which dension did you get? I have a concert II stereo with a dension gateway pro bt and it works pretty well. I have made a mount for the iPhone in the ashtray and am able to browse playlists and control the music through the steering wheel.

As above I agree that an RNSE would be superior but for a cheap way to integrate the iPhone its work well enough

Sorry just saw this; I'm not sure which now, had it taken out and tried to get Parrot installed but after the guy at Halfords had installed it he realised the cable was faulty so booked in again for Saturday...it's driving me crazy!

I fit handsfree carkits everyday and the parrot mki9200
IMG_3831_zpsd743100d.jpg

is a great kit it can works with Bose and Half Bose
Its almost Plug and play you do need an ignition feed from the Fuse box If you need any help just ask

I fit handsfree carkits everyday and the parrot mki9200
IMG_3831_zpsd743100d.jpg

is a great kit it can works with Bose and Half Bose
Its almost Plug and play you do need an ignition feed from the Fuse box If you need any help just ask

Got in it!!! I'm actually chuffed wth it- got it fitted in same place- still have joystick thing on wheel but thinking of sticking in front of the little AUX bay thingy cos I keep catching it

RNS-E & AMI, never fails, I personally use mine with an additional wireless ami dongle & stream soundcloud, love it.

Hey bud... Any chance you could link me to the dongle you have?

Sounds like a good option.