Dension Gateway 100 problem

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hi, I fitted one of the above a few weeks ago but can only access a random set of songs which seem to be isolated to one playlist (changing from time to time)...... it always defaults to CDC5 on my symphony II HU, it will let me select other discs for the playlists but just plays exactly the same as CDC5 (always reverts back to CDC5 too)

I have tried uploading the newer software, tried renaming my playlists CD1,CD2 etc and then with just numbers.... nothing seems to work, anyone any ideas?

also with the update i saved the firmware from Denison, loaded this onto the ipod and started it, then connected asap.... the site does say something about moving the firmware to a temp internet folder then pulling an MP3U file from it and putting this on every playlist? firstly i dont know how to break the file down to get this particular file, secondly is this why my playlists dont work

im off to reload the latest update, ive also copied this to all playlists just incase this sorts it - although i am at a complete loss

guys to keep you updated i emailed Denison who gave me instructions on how to use the gateway...it appears to have different controls to the previous icelink..... below are the instructions written in the usual Dension format (scrambled!!)

Gateway UI (Controls via Head Unit)
------------------------------------
Select disc 6 and select track 3 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

Ipod UI mode: (Controls via iPod's touchwheel)
-----------------------------------------------
Select disc 6 and select track 2 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

In Gateway mode:
-----------------
If you select disc 1 and press next track, you can browse in your playlist (you will hear the first song of your first playlist, if you press next track the first song of your second playlist will be audible - if you hear the proper one (what you want to listen) you just need to confirm your choice and press and hold the FFW button min. 2 seconds)
If you select disc 2 and press next track, you can browse in your artists
If you select disc 3 and press next track, you can browse in your album
If you select disc 5 and press next track, you are in Play all mode.

iPod UI mode:
-------------
only next track and previous track works. and of course you can select Gateway UI mode

In Gateway mode:
-----------------
If you select disc 1 and press next track, you can browse in your playlist (you will hear the first song of your first playlist, if you press next track the first song of your second playlist will be audible - if you hear the proper one (what you want to listen) you just need to confirm your choice and press and hold the FFW button min. 2 seconds)
If you select disc 2 and press next track, you can browse in your artists
If you select disc 3 and press next track, you can browse in your album
If you select disc 5 and press next track, you are in Play all mode.

Thanks for this, I am still deciding exactly what to buy, but I think the above has helped confirm that the Dension does allow good control of the ipod. When browsing artists using 'disc 2' does the ipod display move so you can see what you are browsing?

And did you fit it yourself? Do you need radio removal keys?

Am unsure whether to go for the dock kit and keep the ipod out of site in the glovebox if the headunit controls are flexible enough to allow me to control the ipod. Or the active cradle and then have to faff about working out how to install it so it looks good. Any pointers?

you will need radio keys regardless of what kit you go for, all i did was remove glove box which is really easy and drill a hole for the cable, i mounted the bracket on the glovebox lid nearest the radio so when i get in the car i just click it in and connect the cable....although i did want the subtle look

the head unit doesnt show any info at all if its the same HU as mine symphony II? some do though depending on what you have.

ipoddirect also sell brackets from denison that are made specifically for your car, not seen them, you'll need to search their site.....but they sound good for the job if you do want to dash mount

the connections just plug in behind the HU, your old connections will click in behind them...simple.... although the Dension instructions dont mention what to do with a stray black wire - this needs to be earthed, all i did was strip it at the end and wrap it around a screw on the back of the HU

hope this helps

Tim

Thanks Tim.

My car is away having some engine warranty work done, but when it returns I will be ordering one I think. I will also order the keys to remove the radio, looks like two pairs of keys are required for Symphony headunits is that correct?

I am still browsing online wondering whether to get an active cradle and a hidden dash mount bracket, will probably go for a dock cable though as if they bracket looks anything other that 100% OEM I won't be happy.

my thoughts exactly mate, cable all the way plus you can leave the ipod in the car without worrying as much.... yeah you need four keys in total, although it can be an **** to remove if you use cheap keys so be careful

my thoughts exactly mate, cable all the way plus you can leave the ipod in the car without worrying as much.... yeah you need four keys in total, although it can be an **** to remove if you use cheap keys so be careful

D'oh! Have just ordered a set of keys from ebay, can but try.

Am quite tempted by the look of this brodit hidden mounting bracket and trying the active cradle though:

http://www.brodit.com/montering.jsp?anr=652871

i dunno james..im for the subtle look and this doesnt look OEM, although it is as discreet as a mounting bracket could be (unless it had that matt black finish)