Reactions: Bandicoot51, Nilz and Sandra
Good to see you stocking up ;)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just been to asda
Most of the bottles are 5 or 6 quid each
Demon foam is £8 i think
So easy save

Reactions: Sandra
Not a bad deal, might have to pop in and pick some up if i get a chance.

Just been to buy one of these, not bad for £12

My son picked up some for himself and 1 for me. Thanks for the heads up Craig ;) x

Iv`e been and bought 2 packs nice

Reactions: Sandra and CraigRE
I think I'll give Carplan stuff a miss thanks.

Reactions: carlcall
Would have been much better buying fewer decent products, such as gyeon or similar, but spose everyone loves a bargain

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I would never trust anything from a company that sells waterless car wash!! Cause they clearly know nothing about detailing or how to look after car paint work.

I would never trust anything from a company that sells waterless car wash!! Cause they clearly know nothing about detailing or how to look after car paint work.
They jump on the market to supply the need! Autoglym, Chemical guys, Meguiar’s etc. all do some top quality products, yet they all have some form of waterless car clean products as well.

(Personally I wouldn't use waterless products though :))

Nearly all the big detailing companies provide a water-less wash alternative, so your collection would be fairly limited.....

And from what I've seen/read, there is nothing wrong with a waterless wash as long as you use a safe technique. If anything it can be safer as you are using a completely clean side of a MF towel every time you touch the paint. Using a car shampoo, hose and bucket can also damage your paint, it's the technique that is key.

My reason for not doing it is I find its pretty limiting in cleaning all the details of a car. Cant get into all the nooks like foam and water can.

My Floret Silver A3 has been washed with waterless wash since last summer. Needs must with my back but I've yet to put a mark on her. Photos below.

Before photos

Products used

After photos

Reactions: scotty76
You would still have a much higher chance of putting swirl marks on your paintwork!

You can't beat snow foam then the two bucket method with grit guards.

Ditched the two bucket methods a while back and used my Snowfoam three times as I wasn't very impressed. If research the two bucket method on DW you'll see that it's not anyone's effective than single bucket. Plus Snowfoam is liked by some and not by others.
All I know is my car is swirl, scratch and marring free and the paintwork has a lush deep gloss finish.
After another waterless wash session.

Reactions: Ollie2014
Ditched the two bucket methods a while back and used my Snowfoam three times as I wasn't very impressed. If research the two bucket method on DW you'll see that it's not anyone's effective than single bucket. Plus Snowfoam is liked by some and not by others.
All I know is my car is swirl, scratch and marring free and the paintwork has a lush deep gloss finish.
After another waterless wash session.

By no means suggesting yours does, but to play devil's advocate....even if you did have swirls or marring, its near impossible to see on silver paint...! I detailed my mates new Silver Mercedes and I knew the dealers had inflicted swirls due to the black details showing them, but no matter how close I looked I couldn't see them in the silver paint!

Then there's also the fact that waterless washes usually contain wax or glazes, so even if you did, you are hiding them with the solution itself.

As I said, I'm sure your paint is completely defect free, but to truly prove to the waterless wash naysayers, you would probably need to maintain a black car for a number of months (that was fully corrected prior) and then do a IPA wipe down to make sure the paint was naked. If that still showed no swirls, then thats pretty conclusive...

You're probably correct. I'll see soon enough. Once my backs healed I'll be claying it and applying CquartzUK. It has reload on it just now. If it needs corrected once it's clayed I'll be sure to post some photos.

You're probably correct. I'll see soon enough. Once my backs healed I'll be claying it and applying CquartzUK. It has reload on it just now. If it needs corrected once it's clayed I'll be sure to post some photos.

To be honest I notice that my car ends up with marks no matter how safe I am...I use Dooka wash mitts, snow foam, citrus pre-wash, pressure wash, two deep buckets with grit guards, only work from top to bottom and dry with rinse aid on a waxed car using a 1200GSM fluffy MF drying towel, then buff with QD using a edgeless 800GSM MF towel.....

Makes you wonder why you even bother...lol!

Until I have something like Cquartz that is actually scratch resistant, I have conceded that its nigh on impossible to be 'scratch free'....I think a touchless drying method, like a metro sidekick will probably help a lot, as I think its the drying stage thats doing the most damage, but I'm not quite up tot that stage of insane yet... :p

You hit the nail on the head. The last stage, drying, is the most flawed stage of the process. When I see people still using leathers I wince at the damage they are doing.
There's a black Merc round the corner from me. Guy washes it twice a week or more and in dull light it looks clean and well looked after. Bring out the sun, my god it's been butchered! The hazing is unbelievably bad. The exact reason I will never go black again!!
Silvers/bluey silvers and whites from now on. :greyrs4:

Here's my car, never been touched in 4 weeks (back op), driving me nuts, but it's still in decent nick. The Reload definitely makes the water fly off it.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Might have to take a sneaky shot of mine after its clean yesterday. Gave it a going over with Sonar BSD mixed 50:50 with CG Hybrid V7. BSD on its own is really creamy and I wouldn't class it as a QD, but has ridiculous sheeting and durability. Mixed with V7 makes it much easier to spray on and buff off.

The shine its getting from the sun today is lovely jubly :) (advanced apology, it is Sepang....)

Well I'm not sure why I'm surprised that it rained when I left work, but it meant I couldn't get a nice shoot of the lovely glossy Sepang :( ....the beading was pretty great though :)

Reactions: Scottyg