Delivery time once in UK

CrashEd

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew how long it takes for a car to be delivered once it is in the UK (approx.)?

Mine, despite being delayed for about 8 weeks due to the recent events, has been in the UK for about 10 days. I'm assuming it has to travel from the port, be registered and then handed over to the dealer (Sytner) before it gets anywhere near me?

So close...

Can be as fast as 7 days in normal times usually within 14 days but who knows at the moment.

Audi UK deliver to the dealerships from the port but only once the car has been paid / requested by the dealer. I had my last VW sat at the port 30 days last year because the dealer messed up the paperwork and never requested it.

Reactions: CrashEd
Ok mate, thanks for the info. No panic yet then, but I'll get on to the dealer and make sure they haven't cocked anything up! It wouldn't surprise me if they had...

Spoke to my dealer today as my A4 is about to arrive in Sheerness in next 2hrs and they said if they get transport from port booked with no issues it will be 7-10 days then onto them

it will be 7-10 days then onto them

That sounds about right then. I heard today that mine has arrived at the dealer, which is around the 10/11 day mark since entering the UK. Now the dealer wants it for two days to do, well, something - god knows what. Updates, registration and disinfection I would think! Apparently I need to sign some paperwork, but I’ve heard nothing else from the dealer today. The wait continues!

So, the dealer is now saying that it might be another week before they release my car. Funny 48 hrs! Something to do with the authorities not registering/releasing the car yet. Sounds odd to me.

The wait continues...

Do you know if the alternator recall has affected your car? If so Audi are not able to register the car and tax the car until Audi UK allow them to.

Do you know if the alternator recall has affected your car? If so Audi are not able to register the car and tax the car until Audi UK allow them to.

Nobody from Sytner has mentioned the alternator issue, but I guess it could be the reason. I'll enquire... What exactly is the issue with the alternator?

It is a recall on all 2L Petrol A4/A5/A6 from 2016-20 I'm unsure if it effects the brand new ones though but might be worth checking, I have an A5 waiting for me to collect but can't until the recall sales ban is lifted by Audi UK :(

It is a recall on all 2L Petrol A4/A5/A6 from 2016-20 I'm unsure if it effects the brand new ones though but might be worth checking, I have an A5 waiting for me to collect but can't until the recall sales ban is lifted by Audi UK :(

Oh crikey, let's hope its not that then (although I'm in the same position as you by the sounds of it).

Let me know how you get on - hope it gets released soon.

Yeah, they are hoping to get me in the car by the end of the month but thats only a hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the dealer yesterday to sign the paperwork for my car, so hopefully it will get released in the next 48 hrs. Painful at best, but at least it's moving.

The dealer reckoned that there were a few recalls on cars affecting delivery. Some minor, but some causing delays until September due to a shortage of parts and having to sort out cars on the road as a priority. Hope yours isn't delayed to much and that they get you in it quickly.