delivery dates

nick2107

Reaction score
Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hi everyone , im new to the site having just ordered a new A3 sportback black edition from derby audi ...... just flicking through and have noticed the threads regarding delivery dates on ordering ive been told i will have the car for the 1st week in september do they seem to have sorted the troubles other have add on here or not....... ?

cheers nick

Nick, The problems were due to Chinese demand. You should be OK for Sept delivery as Audi have finally got there act together according to Jeremy Hicks at Audi UK.

When did you place order?

Mines was placed on April 6th and my build week is 34(last week of August) so should be here last week in September/first week October.

Did you see any threads made by me? I had this problem when ordering my A3. On a 1.4TFSI A3 S Line 3DR I was told I will have a lead time of about 5-6 months from the dealership - They wouldnt do any discount either. So I went elsewhere and I was told ordering late October 10, I will have to wait till June 11. Every few weeks, I kept getting intouch with the audi dealership to see where my car was, and the order had gone from a estimated delivery June to March! The car actually arrived in the middle of Feb.

However the dealership did tell me that there was a longer lead time on Audi A3 Sportbacks, aswell as the black edition - so there MIGHT be a delay due to this?

Contact the dealer now and then and ask for a build week (they will give you a number, so 2 means the second week in Jan). Make sure this is confirmed though, because it can change if its estimated - which mine didn't though. Also, I have been told with the confirmed build week, it can be built a week before and a week after - which again mine was built a week before! It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the cars to come over after being built, but my brothers was delayed due to an issue of the backlog at the port.

I got a feel that mine would be coming much earlier than June from this build week, but there was quite alot of threads about this. I have been told that they cut supply to try and promote the new Audi A1?

thanks for that pilotaudi are you happy with yours as ive ordered the 2.0tdi 170 but not the quattro ?

I picked my new A3 SB BE 2.0tdi 170 S-tronic last month and absolutely love it - would have gone for a quattro if they done it with s-tronic but they didn't so hey ho and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Hi there, my order was placed about the same time and was told the 2nd week in October. Though I haven't chased to see if the dealer has an update since the order was placed.

31 October is my delivery date (lease company) for 140 TDi BE. Ordered last week.