delivery date

matmaxedout

Reaction score
HI,

Just wondered if any people have ever had one of these from Audi??
All i've got from my dealer has been a build date and a phone call to say it's built but awaiting ship, i cannot belive that a company like Audi cannot give an actual delivery date, i've bought a few new cars now and have always recieved a letter from the manufacture shortly after ordering with a delivery date.
but it states on the Audi website that if your car is not here by delivery date they will give you a courtesy car???????

Also is it true that there system only update's on thursday's??????

or am i just dealing with a lazy salesman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

mat

Not sure about a specific date for delivery but as you say you do get a build date. Delivery is normally 3 weeks after build week. I have heard it depends when the ships go out that effect delivery in the UK.

Delivery is normally 3 weeks after build week. I have heard it depends when the ships go out that effect delivery in the UK.

yep, car was built first week in june and still waiting for a bl**dy boat to put it on apparently!!!! i'd go out and pick it up if they gave the option like mercedes do.

Well if my sums are right if it was built first week in June then there will be approx 1 week left to wait before its late?

Twice a week update Tues & Thursday

Now I was under the impression that if your car was coming out of Germany you could collect as they have a huge very busy collection point at the factory, it is only if the car is being made in Hungry that you can not collect at the moment.

Don't worry mine is a wk23 build and I am still waiting.

Which dealer... sorry stealer are you getting it from??

the updates happen every day-although there may be no movement forward with a particular car (i.e. It can be awaiting shipment for a week). It's difficult to give an exact delivery date, as there are so many variables along the way. Shipping, PDI status, possible DVLA etc etc... however, your salesman should update you every 10 days or so, and then every couple fo days when the delivery date has been arranged, and things are getting closer (or so I do)... which dealer are you getting it from?

Mine was a Wk 23 build and it is at the dealers and being delivered on Friday.

Yours should be soon.... if not this week.

update, had a call from my dealer on monday to say that it was on the boat, then on tuesday to say it was at the docks, then today to let me know that it was at their prep centre, arranged to pick it up on tuesday the 1st july.

so i'll post pictures as soon as, also he's told me that it's pssibly the first s-line cab in the country (don't know how true that is, but i'm guessing it's got to be one of the first as it's been on order since the begining of april).

It's difficult to give an exact delivery date, as there are so many variables along the way. Shipping, PDI status, possible DVLA etc etc... ?

i understand that there's so many things that can affect a delivery, but this is the first manufacturer that hasn't wrote me a letter soon after order to give me a date for delivery. surely in this day and age a company the size of Audi can figure out how long it takes to build a car and ship it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and forsee any delays.

i just hope that ownership is better than the order process, because so far it's been quite dissapointing, i had better communication from Renault than i have from Audi (note, this isn't a complaint regarding the dealer, who have been excellent throughout, this is about Audi themselves).