Delights of people opening their door on your car :(

davesimmo

Reaction score
Hi Peeps. Just a quick moan, I always park my car out of the way in any car park, to avoid damage from other numpties! After work today before I even got up close to my car, I spotted the dreaded ding in my drivers door just above the door handle. Its about an inch long and very noticeable. (Black car) Obviously need to get this sorted, any recommendations would be great and expected cost!! Very annoyed, some people don't give a monkeys. :gun2:

Paintless Dent Removal is your best bet....try to get someone close to you who is recommended either by the guys on here or by your Audi dealer....cost will be anything from £60-£80 ish.

Alternatively you can do a Google search for PDR guys in your area, but there are good and bad ones so look at the customer reviews and look at pictures of work they have before....Good luck :)

post a pic and we can better advise... if there is a deep dent with it then PDR may improve it but not fix it all together. It could be a job for a bodyshop in that case. Or you could do it yourself... you may already know this but if you run your nail over it and it catches then it will need filling... if not then you can repair it yourself using a kit like chipex.

Thanks, I will get a pic sorted tomorrow, I don't think it has broken the pain but there is paint from the other vehicle on my paint.

No problem.

As long as your own paint isn't cracked, then once the dent is removed, you should be able to just carefully polish off the paint from the other vehicle.

Had this done to mine ( phantom black ) and sounds like it was in exactly the same place.....these guys ( as long as you get a good one ) are absolute magicians, only take about 30 mins and you really can't see anything at all once they have finished.

Get some before and after pics done...:thumbsup:

Araahhhhh hate that it's happend to me pdr is the way forward mine is back to how it was! I'm an anti social Parker these days don't care

Where abouts u based as I can recommend a guy whos based in London. Nice guy as he did my brother in laws mpv.

halfords have there own outside pdr company, for dents and scuffs, there mobile and very cheap. sound like that would only cost £55 from them.

chips away are good. whats there prices? halfords mobile company is guaranteed also. but chips away have a good name. i havent heard any bad info about them

chips away are good. whats there prices? halfords mobile company is guaranteed also. but chips away have a good name. i havent heard any bad info about them
Chips away have to come and give you an estimate, looking at the website, I think I will nip to Halfords on Friday and see what they say. Want it sorting now! :aggressive:

we come straight out to your car, price it up. then you pay and then you arrange a time for them to come to you, they ask minumum 4 hours, but i dont see that taking 4 maybe 2/3 but either way looking at that its not bigger then 50mm so should cost about £55.

we come straight out to your car, price it up. then you pay and then you arrange a time for them to come to you, they ask minumum 4 hours, but i dont see that taking 4 maybe 2/3 but either way looking at that its not bigger then 50mm so should cost about £55.
Just looked at the website mate, looks like I will give Halfords a try for £55. As long as it will be perfect I don't mind :)

yer they come out perfect, it isnt halfords that do it, infact i dont even know who our out side contractors are, i just book them out with a "off premises contracts" form

yer they come out perfect, it isnt halfords that do it, infact i dont even know who our out side contractors are, i just book them out with a "off premises contracts" form
Fair enough, Don't mind as long as it is spot on. Will get it arranged this weekend, probably get it booked for my week off in April. Will clean the car properly and get some before and after pics up.:)

no harm getting a quote from chips away either.. its free for them to quote which is good to get an idea.
I think PDR on a crease like that would be a gamble but if it did not work you could always go to a body shop.. the only thing that would bump up the price is if it was difficult to access that a point through an opening in the door... which may involve removal of the door card/plastic, window etc. to access the crease from the underside. Even if the paint is intact the lacquer may be cracked.

To me it looks like it would be easier to fill the crease/dent. Not a bad job either... 80 grit to sand the dent and surrounding paint, add filler and then use 160-180 grit to sand the filler, add the primer and use say 400 grit to sand the primer.. I'd say fill and paint would cost anything between £60-90 depending on where you live.

no harm getting a quote from chips away either.. its free for them to quote which is good to get an idea.
I think PDR on a crease like that would be a gamble but if it did not work you could always go to a body shop.. the only thing that would bump up the price is if it was difficult to access that a point through an opening in the door... which may involve removal of the door card/plastic, window etc. to access the crease from the underside. Even if the paint is intact the lacquer may be cracked.

To me it looks like it would be easier to fill the crease/dent. Not a bad job either... 80 grit to sand the dent and surrounding paint, add filler and then use 160-180 grit to sand the filler, add the primer and use say 400 grit to sand the primer.. I'd say fill and paint would cost anything between £60-90 depending on where you live.
Thanks for your info G, I am about to go to Halfords and see what they say regarding the PDR company sorting it out, although after doing research I think I am siding more with what you have said about getting the body shop to sort it, as I am a perfectionist and wont be happy unless it is perfect. :blackrs4: