Def. Problem, Car not starting when cold!

charTT

Reaction score
Ok, really wierd situation and I am wondering if it is related to Alex Stanley's problem in a way. I hope someone can help. Recently, and without known cause, my car will not start when the temperature falls below 43-45f (6 Celcius). Here is what happens. I open the car door, and immediately notice that the clock and odometer do not light up as usual. When I put the key in the ignition and turn, the car will actually turn over, and start, but then it instantly stalls, as if not setting the idle. The guages do not self-test, nor does the computer display light up. A strange baby-waa sound comes from where it normally chimes when you put the key to the on position, and that repeats like every 10 seconds. If I try a few times to start the car, and wiggle the key, the guages will eventually start to pulse as they get power, and the computer screen will start lighting up, very dim at first, and then all of a sudden, it gets the power in needs, and everthing is fine, car starts. Now, as it is summer and the days are getting warmer, this isn't going to be a problem for a while, but I would like to fix it before fall rolls around. Anybody have any ideas what it is?

sounds like the dash insert is failing.this has its own control unit with the immbiliser integral.if the ecu inside is dead the immobiliser will cut in which is what is happening when the engine starts and stalls.hope this helps.