Dectane LED tail lights

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
So i came across these. These are from Dectane, and are a third of the price of OEM LED tails.

$_1.JPG

Here are the OEM LEDs
IMG_0788_zpsbf249ab3.jpg

As you can see the LED cluster is the exact same shape on the Dectane lights. The only differences or give away is that when brakes are on, only the outter clusters light up.

For what they cost i believe they are worth checking out, very convincing to the the 09' look for the minority of us who have halogen tails.

JG51 AUD, you need these in your life :)

Whats you guys thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON
the sets iv used the inner light up aswell

they sell two different sets mate, which ones did you buy?

these are the other ones, which i dont like as much, the LEDs are different and not like the OEM ones on the very outter clusters.

If you look on the outter clusters they have 2 horizontal tiny leds where there should be two large verticle leds

$_12.JPG

Looks very smart and seems a good alternative to the OEM ones.

Seems like they don't do any avant ones or I would have been tempted too..lol

There are different ones for the avant mate, they have the light bar like the new 2014 Audis. I'll post up a link when I get back home.

JG51 AUD already has these im sure! saw them on the car at AITP yesterday?...

Avant oem or aftermarket ?

So i came across these. These are from Dectane, and are a third of the price of OEM LED tails.

$_1.JPG

Here are the OEM LEDs
IMG_0788_zpsbf249ab3.jpg

As you can see the LED cluster is the exact same shape on the Dectane lights. The only differences or give away is that when brakes are on, only the outter clusters light up.

For what they cost i believe they are worth checking out, very convincing to the the 09' look for the minority of us who have halogen tails.

JG51 AUD, you need these in your life :)

Whats you guys thoughts?

I've had these on my car for about a year now, and yes they do look good. :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Kalashnikov
dude, i need some pics like right now haha. real time pics are so much better than looking at an ebay advert

I'll get you some, not tonight though, bed early as shattered from my weekend and long drive home, get them to you over the next couple of days.

JG

Reactions: Brennan
Very cool mate, they look fantastic on your car. Would you say the LEDs would be as bright as OEM LEDs, and were they plug and play straight from the box or did they need coding?

Very cool mate, they look fantastic on your car. Would you say the LEDs would be as bright as OEM LEDs, and were they plug and play straight from the box or did they need coding?
There weren't any OEM LEDs on the B7, so nothing to compare with there. Yes, they're entirely plug and play, no coding required. Only thing was, the reversing light was non-LED for some reason, so I fitted LED bulbs with in-line error cancellers into the reversing light slot and hey presto!

LEDP21W_zps1b2efd2f.jpeg

P1000423_zps3ec6ed87.jpg

There weren't any OEM LEDs on the B7, so nothing to compare with there. Yes, they're entirely plug and play, no coding required. Only thing was, the reversing light was non-LED for some reason, so I fitted LED bulbs with in-line error cancellers into the reversing light slot and hey presto!

LEDP21W_zps1b2efd2f.jpeg

P1000423_zps3ec6ed87.jpg
How much were your reverse leds and where did you get them from? they look great. I meant if you've ever been driving behind a B8 with oem LEDs would you say yours would be as bright. Im trying to gauge the sort of quality of these before i fork out for them

Same question goes to you John :)

To be honest, the reversing lights aren't that bright. Can't tell you how much they were as a forum member kindly gave them to me.
As far as the Dectane LEDs are concerned, I don't think you'd have any concerns about brightness.

Mines don't have reverse led's either, I would say that they are as bright as original b8 led's, some may disagree though.

jdp1962, have you got a link for reverse led's pal?

Mines don't have reverse led's either, I would say that they are as bright as original b8 led's, some may disagree though.

jdp1962, have you got a link for reverse led's pal?
As above, 'fraid not. They were given to me.

As above, 'fraid not. They were given to me.

Cheer's anyway mate, forgot to ask trups yesterday at aitp, ****** rain, all I was thinking about was getting a burger and staying dry. I'll drop him a pm and see if he can sort me out.

JG

Reactions: jdp1962 and Brennan
You can get the avant from dectane for the same price as saloon
You can also get the facelift style with light bar instead of the above I send Brennan the link for the light bar ones.

ORIGINAL LITEC LED LIGHTBAR REAR TAIL LIGHTS AUDI A4 8K AVANT RED/SMOKE A14KLRS | eBay

plus you can get the same as above but there on back order as in my pm I have 2 sets on order and already had 2 sets.

none of the aftermarket ones need any sort of codeing and all are plug and play

you may however find sometimes you need to swap a wire or 2 if there done wrong at the factory but this is very easy to do.

you can get the avant leds for the same price as saloon also tinted same as above link clear and red.

I deal with dectane 20+ times a year for mostly audi but other cars aswell.

Litec are just as good as dectane still plug and play with no coding needed

Good to hear you have had good service from Dectane mate. Those ones above are for the avant, do they do the ones for the saloon? Also don't like the way these are tinted dark so much, is there standard red ones with the light bar?

Last edited:
the avant link was for above poster thinking they are 600 I know some sellers do them for 600 but they drop ship from Germany jus charge you 600 but for above price and have them sent direct to you,

good way to make money without the need for stock or anything else

yes you can get them un tinted
https://www.dectane.de/TAILLIGHTS/T...-A4-B8-8K-Lim-07-10-red-crystal-RA14SLRC.html

on back order tho as I said they have stock in for the 18th but only 8 sets 2 of on back order for me.
others are prob spoke for aswell you will normaly wait 6 week ish for delivery from day of payment.

its led lighting but it is a bar like the b8.5

all are led except the reverse.

ill ask the lads of the ones fitted to take a few pick for me
or when I fit the 2 sets ill take some pics.

What do you think looks the best out of these two? The the B8 single LEDs or the B8.5 light bar?

lightbar is

Facelift optic with light conductor technology

For me the single LEDs
In aftermarket

But the light bar if oem with new bout an bumper.
They do look good both sets but I like oem over dectane ect

Are you saying the aftermarket light bars are led with light conductor technology or did you mean only the oem ones are?

Why do you deal so much with dectane, are you a distributor?