Declaring options on insurance

Surely though a lot of these modern systems are designed with driver safety in mind and aimed at collision avoidance.
I say give us a rebate, not use it as an excuse to hike the premiums

Surely though a lot of these modern systems are designed with driver safety in mind and aimed at collision avoidance.
I say give us a rebate, not use it as an excuse to hike the premiums

Then they're the sort that won't necessarily hike the price up.

None of the options I have affected my premium.

Reactions: Jassyo06
It does make sense. Clearly repair bills for a car with £10K of options are likely to be higher than a standard car but also some of those options might actually reduce the chance of an accident.

You are asked in the insurance application quote process the value of your car,that should include the options,l had the full drivers assistance pack ie City Stop....Autonomous braking etc on my Focus ST3 it had the windscreen sensors the same as mentioned in the above article,which with some insurance companies reduces your premium but not with the company l was insured with at the time

Reactions: Tom.H
When I got my A3 with ACC I thought it may reduce my insurance. I phoned LV but they said that unless the feature was fitted as standard to all cars in the range then they could not allow for it on a person by person basis. So the Mk 7 Golf had ACC throughout the range (I think) so premiums took that into consideration but not the A3/S3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with Admiral and they take the base value of the standard car and then list all options separately.

Si :)

... and I guess that will happen with other insurance companies in the future, so we can all look forward to increased premiums :scared2: They'll get us one way or the other.