Decision, do I buy ?

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The company I work for are offloading a couple of old company cars and letting staff bid for them. The are usually diesel dogs with 130k plus on them which go for little money.

However they are getting rid of a 2010 A3 black edition 1.8t with 60k on the clock with full Audi history (just serviced) winter pack and comfort pack. Car is flat black.

It needs a new wing mirror casing, smart repair to the wing and the alloys refurbing as they have kerb rash which looks pretty bad as they are the titanium 6 spoke rs4 design.

Car is going cheap, and I was thinking of buying and shifting it on with a sales price of around 10k which would be 2k under from what it is really worth in the open market.

Question is do I buy it so close to Xmas where people are strapped for cash and struggle to sell it and would you get the jobs done on it before selling or leave as is.

Anyone interested ?

I have to bid by the 28th and the highest bidder at work wins it. No guarantee of getting it and you only have one bid but reserve is only £6800

If I were you I'd go for it.

However, you might need patience when selling it. Ideally, you should buy to use it with a view to getting the bits sorted and then sell.

Question is what to bid for it as one of your colleagues might have exactly the same idea as you.;)

I already have 2 black editions on my drive so it wouldn't be used at all. Neither would it be insured so would simply block it in. I suppose it's how desperate I am to get it and whether I bid high. After all who has 7k plus hanging around before Xmas. I could just ride it out and sell after Xmas but it will lose value every day.

Other than the bits that need doing it is in very good condition. Would just need a polish and a wax. Questions is would anyone buy it around 10k which I think is a bargain

Id say around the 7.5k is about the price to pay.
Do the bits n bobs and and put it up around 10k as you said for a quick sale

quick search on the trader bought this up:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201408066388295/sort/default/page/2/make/audi/keywords/black/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/postcode/b82ad/radius/1500/model/a3/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/fuel-type/petrol?logcode=p

10.5k, 11plate 5dr sportback, 91k on the clock

there is also this one:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201411128939570/sort/default/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/make/audi/page/2/model/a3/radius/1500/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/fuel-type/petrol/usedcars/postcode/b82ad/keywords/black?logcode=p

11k, 3dr, 48k on the clock 09 plate

Dont think they could lose a few k on value in a few months?

Worst case scenario you sell it for around 8.5k
Still not bad if you have no other plans for the cash
id go for it :thumbs up: