Decision, decision - any help people

inti

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was hoping you can help me out on this matter as 'Audi Dynamik' kindly advised me what to do. Well I'll get straight to the point; I am currently pending on buying an Audi A4 S-Line (B8 model) which is at @ standard 120bhp.

The car has DRL-Xenon, bluetooth, and SatNav, full Milano leather and is currently @£14000. My Q is, shall I buy the car and remap it and I'm also thinking of putting on Audi parking sensors.

Here is the picture- http://postimage.org/image/brc43hhkp/ of the vehicle is, the mileage is 49K - One owner, Full Audi Service history.

Shed your thought on this, and yes I've been away from the forum due to work and hectic family life/situation I had to go through recently.

Thank you people.

Last edited:
Did you read my message i sent you earlier? i never received a reply.
It is certainly a good looking car in my opinion.
If its had Full Audi service history it will be well maintained and looked after by the previous owner i presume.
Go for it, get it bought and remapped whilst you can, You only live once ;)

Reactions: inti
Hi AD,

I did get your message without a miss you're prompt and always there to give advice, Thank you.

I am currently deciding NOW between BMW 320d and the Audi A4, ARGHH!! I know I have raised some eyes brows as this is like sitting on the wrong side of the fence when talking about BMW.

But I shall keep you generous people posted, and I do try my best to come on the forum but life is like the shape symmetric not just hectic.

Thank you all.

Do you want to pay the price of a new tyre due to a nail in your tyre ? do you want noisy run flat tyres ? Do you want to be stuck in the snow in winter ? if not BMW is not for you.
Audi all the way ;)

*Laughs his head off*

I honestly was thinking I am going to get a reply above, the major factor is snow and BMW sadly are rear wheel drive which means crap in snow.

But 320d is a nice car to have in terms of road handling, power, fuel econ, and luxury.

and is a nice car to waste your money on tyres with nails in ;)

How about BMW M135i, a beautiful hand krafted vehicle.

Do you want to pay the price of a new tyre due to a nail in your tyre ? do you want noisy run flat tyres ? Do you want to be stuck in the snow in winter ? if not BMW is not for you.
Audi all the way ;)

I am afraid I have to disagree. I ran a 335d M Sport and it was without a doubt the best car I have ever woned. I stuck a set of winter tyres on it and it was fantastic. Look at Norway, Sweden etc. They all drive BMW, Merc rear wheel drive cars through far worse conditions to ours. I know as I work there. A BMW diesel will run rings around an Audi Diesel both in real worl performance and economy. As soon as the 330d X drive comes out next year I will be watching for them cpoming onto the 2nd hand market. I love my Audi and the way it looks etc but there is something not quite there for me.

330d x drive sounds good, still only half way there, run flat tyres :L

330d x drive sounds good, still only half way there, run flat tyres :L

I had run flats on my 335d and never had an issue with them. When you bear in mind that these cars are designed to have run flats for a reason. I have had a burst tyre on run flats and managed to continue at a safe speed to where I wanted to be. A lot better IMHO than having to stop at the side of the road in the p***ing rain to change a wheel. Also a lot of cars now dont come with a spare but a stupid gel bottle and compressor instead.

Yes the ride may be a little harder but does it make it unbearable ? Not in my opinion.

You can replace them with non run flat tyres?

you can, but the dampers and springs are designed to work with the harder stiffer tyre walls of the run flat tyres.

personally id rather have normal tyres and a full size spare. changing the wheel in the p1ssing rain...... tbh on my car i could probably change a wheel in less than 5 minutes. theres some gloves and a cagoule in my boot too.
when you concider a normal tyre is like £120 and a runflat of the same size is £60 more.

you can repair runflats from nails damage etc. it can be done (ive done it a few times) the same as normal tyres......... its just that the manufacterers of them say you can't because they want you to buy another tyre!

I get the impression from some of the comments in this thread that people don't realise Audi have been fitting run-flats for ages too.

My 19" wheels came with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT tyres .... which are run flats.

Crazy that I can do 50mph/50miles on the space saver in the boot and I can do the same with out stopping and getting mucky!

You can replace them with non run flat tyres?

I got told from Bmw that if you replace them with normal tyres that the insurance will not pay out as they are not supposed to be on the car.

I had run flats on my 335d and never had an issue with them. When you bear in mind that these cars are designed to have run flats for a reason. I have had a burst tyre on run flats and managed to continue at a safe speed to where I wanted to be. A lot better IMHO than having to stop at the side of the road in the p***ing rain to change a wheel. Also a lot of cars now dont come with a spare but a stupid gel bottle and compressor instead.

Yes the ride may be a little harder but does it make it unbearable ? Not in my opinion.

If you have to catch a plane or a ferry or go to meeting and the distance is further away from what the run flat tyre can travel if you have a flat ? what are you supposed to do ?

If you get a nail in your tyre with Bmw run flats it would still cost £300 for a new tyre ? and you might ask how often do you get a nail ?
In every car i have had i have had a flat tyre due to a nail.
Each to their own but in my opinion Run Flat Tyres and No spare wheel, not even space for one and you cant even have the option if you buy one new is just daft, but each to their own :)

I got told from Bmw that if you replace them with normal tyres that the insurance will not pay out as they are not supposed to be on the car.
That's not true. I replaced mine on my 320d with normal tyres and insurance company didnt care. Ive seen BMW and Mini dealerships recommend to customers that when the time comes, to replace the run flats with normal tyres for better handling and ride etc.