Deciding on RS4 18's or 19's for my S3

yahyar

Reaction score
Hey guys

I placed an order for a white S3, due only for June this year
I've been thinking that RS4 rims are the business and would really finish the S3 off. The standard rims don't really do it for me.
So I was thinking, do I go for 18's or 19's ? Is this even a possibility? I haven't yet discussed it with the stealer.
The 18's are really nice, but the 19's are stunning
Would factory fitted 19's ride high? Would they scrub?
And would they severly affect my performance? I know bigger wheels means a slower take-off, but would it even be noticeable?

Any help would be appreciated
Enjoying this forum lots

They do look great Marc. What's the code for the rim you have? C8N ?

i dont think the 18's look that good, sorry, i tried a set and they dont look anywhere near as good as the 19's. They also dont seem to be as concaved as the 19's which definitely makes the difference.

I am currently discussing prices on the 19's with Audi, look slike £2400 including tyres and fitting

Spoke to dealing supplying my S3 yesterday re RS4s (he then spoke to Audi UK to confirm). RS4 style wheels are not available ex factory in the UK. Yet. 19s are available as accessories at £2,000 for the rims plus the rubber! Ugh! :ohmy:

Gimme the standard S3 wheels anyday if the RS4s are gonna be 18s.

They look too much like reps IMO.

19s, yeh cool but 18s don't pull them off.

I *kinda* think special cars such as an S3 look best standard, maybe I'm alone.

Would you change anything on an M3? I wouldn't!

I also don't plan to change my wheels, standard looks like an S3, some changes might look better but it's always tuning probably easier to sell if everything is standard... At least I would not buy a car that was chipped, lowered, with spacers, etc etc etc...

Pedro

MarcQuinlivan said:
yeah, but if you get the wheels as a factory fit option, as yahyar seems to intend doing, then how can it be any harder to sell than the standard car?

It wouldn't be in the case you describe.

The black S3 in the link with the 19s looks savage, but they are 19s not 18s.

I will possibly go for a set but TBH I get bored of cars so quickly I would probably be wasting my time!

I saw a 335ci at lunch and want one for my next car now!!

Before I made my mind up on the S3 yesterday, a couple of days back I emailed Audi CS with regards to the discontinuation of the 18" RS4 wheels as an option (no cost) on the 2.0TFSI S-Line.

Today I had a call back from Debbie at Audi CS who told me that the wheels were still available as a no cost option on the 2.0, and were a 600+VAT option on the S3.

Apparently they don't appear in the dealers/online price list but the option does exist.

Like most people have observed, the 19" do look a lot better than the 18", but I thought I would throw this in for anyone still interested in the 18's.

Personally I love the standard S3 wheels, but it's horses for courses...

If you do go ahead with the change PM me on the forums, I'd be interested in buying the S3 rims.

Here is one with 18" RS4

746c_27.JPG

752c_27.JPG

Coventry Audi have 2 S3's next to each other on the standard rims, flanked by an RS4 one side and an A3 s-line on the 18" RS4s the other side. You can get them all in the same eyeful, and several of my mates and I agree that the 19" RS4's are awesome, the stock s3 rims look good on the misano and sprint coloured s3's, and the 18" RS4's look like replicas.

Seen on their own I think the 18" RS4's look stunning, but next to the real thing and the shinier stock s3's, they tend to pale into insignificance.

At the end of the day, the way I see it is I can't afford £2000 plus for the 19's, and if I get the 18" RS4's my s3 will look even less distinguishable from an s-line, with the same wheels that most people will be going for as they are a no cost option at the moment.

Yeah that car looks really nice! Those germans know how to lower their cars...

So I went for the 18's. The 19's aren't offered here :(
Thanks for the help guys

Can't wait

Edit: Can you believe Audi S.A wants the equivalent of £3, 000 for the bucket seats? That's totally insane. I would have specced it if it were £1,685 like the UK. Anyways...

The problem with the 18" RS4s for the A3 isn't so much the size but the fact that they're "flatter" than the 19" items on the RS4 itself.

Audi do this a lot - if you look at the standard 5-spoke RS6s and compared them to the original wheels on an RS6, you'll notice that the latter are far more "dished" in structure. The 18" RS4s have the same issue but I think it really affects them and, whilst they look good, they don't look anywhere near as good as the original 19" RS4 ones.

I understand what you're saying Vertigo1, which is why I would have much preferred the 19's because they are more detailed.

I do intend to go to 19's one day but I would rather have the car stand on the 18 rs4's than anything else in the mean time

Vertigo1 said:
whilst they look good, they don't look anywhere near as good as the original 19" RS4 ones.

Got to agree, I tried to spec the 18''s on my car car but Audi said ''NO''. Glad they did as i have just seen some on a car at the dealer and they look a bit cheap and nasty and do not have the same effect as the 19''s. I think I now prefer the S3 wheels to the 18'' RS4's.