Decided to wrap my centre caps! :)

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I had some small pieces of Carbon Fibre lying around so I decided to wrap my alloy centre caps! Something different, but I think they look good! :) Uploadfromtaptalk1406914307695Uploadfromtaptalk1406914318264Uploadfromtaptalk1406914331508

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Thanks!lol.. Dont pass comment on the dirty wheels, haven't got cleaning this weekend yet with the rain!Uploadfromtaptalk1406919150447Uploadfromtaptalk1406919158503

I think that looks really cool actually. May steal your idea at some point!! Don't worry about the wheels, my car hasn't been washed in a month... doesn't help that one of my wheels is currently a space save as I wait for a replacement tyre from a flat!

Reactions: Point_Audi
Cheers guys, glad it gave you an idea!lol.. Didn't take too long now, but getting the car washed today!lol

Cheers guys, it was just an experiment to see what I thought!lol.. Looks good when the wheels are cleaned!.. Uploadfromtaptalk1407004889699Uploadfromtaptalk1407005000256

Cheers Shane, had a few people asking me where I got them!lol

Reactions: ShaneSun
Patience or what round those fiddly little audi rings!
Im guessing you dont have sausage fingers:D

Tidy job mate:)

I have butcher's best sausage fingers! But there's a cheat's way... there are 4 little clip things holding the Audi rings on, so give them a tap and the rings come off. Plain sailing from there!

Reactions: WOLF
Hi Shaun, I have stolen your idea but I'm struggling to get the rings back in as the wrap cause's a gap so the rings don't seem to clip in properly. Any tips on how u managed it please mate

Hey Mate,

As far as I can remember I used a small Draper tool I had in the garage to punch the holes. You could try a needle maybe? .. I never seen you were looking for some, I have four genuine centre caps wrapped and all which I am not using!lol

Cheers Shaun, lol I have ordered one from Audi anyway. I managed to snap one of the little tabs on the back of the rings aswell
Grrr. I'm also wrapping the fog surrounds with the carbon wrap. Hopefully Santa Will get me the rs4 grille lol

Reactions: Point_Audi
My attempt. Will take some pics on the car when I get it back and it's had a wash etc

Attachments

• IMG_20151006_114146.jpg
    IMG_20151006_114146.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
They look the part mate! Good work, look forward to seeing them on the car!