1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided to stick on a front lip spoiler - Literally!

boffin486 Jul 29, 2018

1. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member

Hello all, I had the bumper off to fix a grille issue & have had a roll of rubber spoiler kicking around for a while. I thought I'd stick it on as an interim to putting a Cupra version on further down the line.

This is the stuff I used
    Lip Spoiler roll2.jpg

I used a few extras as opposed to trusting that the glue on it would hold - some plastic strip I had lying about & a trusty old heat gun to soften & shape it. DSC_0790.JPG

Having stuck on the rubber spoiler & trimmed the ends, next I cut the plastic into 2cm wide strips with a guillotine to make into some shaped trims to screw on top to keep it all in place.

DSC_0787.JPG
    After a bit of work, the trims are all shaped to fit.

DSC_0792.JPG
    DSC_0791.JPG
    Screwed them all in place, forgot to photograph it (sorry), reassembled the bumper/grille and put back on car.

DSC_0794.JPG

Oh, and my dad's Riley got in on the act too......

DSC_0795.JPG

Not too bad a result for a total cost of........... £9.99 (the cost of the spoiler roll. :yahoo:

DieselJake likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jon13s

Jon13s Member

Fair play to you that's pretty impressive and looks like it's done well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

4. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Well done mate another great mod, and looks well good for the price, I've just got a cupra type, but will have to go to the bodyshop to fit as I'm hopeless mate lol