Brandon1802

Reaction score
HI all,

Sorry if this post has been answered before.

I'm quite new to this forum so i thought i would post my first post. I wanted a black edition s3 but i couldn't get myself to pay the extra premium for it. I bought my s3 from an older couple at a good price so i couldn't resist it! However I want to make it look like the black edition as much as possible. Has anyone had any experience with getting the chrome window trim and front grill wrapped gloss black ? I have had a few quotes and they are ridiculous. Just wondering if it better to just find a black grill online and leave it at that?

Cost me £250 for the chrome on my S5. That's windows, under grill bumper and spoiler

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brandon1802
Going to get mine done gloss black. Was quoted £200 for windows each side and front grille surround.

I have a genuine 2017 facelift black edition grille that I can part with if you're interested? You will need the S3 badge off your current grille. Drop me a PM if interested

I have a genuine 2017 facelift black edition grille that I can part with if you're interested? You will need the S3 badge off your current grille. Drop me a PM if interested

Hi mate, I can't PM people on this forum yet as I am too new and have not posted enough, could you pm so that I could reply to you?

Did the black edition swap on mine last year. £160 to wrap the window surrounds , bought a genuine grille and side grilles from TPS and painted the rear valance parts in BE colours. Carbon mirrors and black rings. Job done.

Chris.

Last edited:
Dechroming isn't complete until the original tailpipes go :)

Just ordered these..

S l400

Did the black edition swap on mine last year. £160 to wrap the window surrounds , bought a genuine grille and side grilles from TPS and painted the rear valance parts in BE colours. Carbon mirrors and black rings. Job done.

Chris.
Any idea what the side grills part no is mate?

Why didn't you just get the OEM ones powder coated? That's what I did and was very cheap :)

As I would like to keep the originals so I am able to put the car back to standard come selling time.

But I do appreciate a powdercoated satin finish would be nicer.

For £15, they are worth the punt and can be returned if no good.

Reactions: Adam14
As I would like to keep the originals so I am able to put the car back to standard come selling time.

But I do appreciate a powdercoated satin finish would be nicer.

For £15, they are worth the punt and can be returned if no good.
Ahhhh fair enough! Sounds a decent punt then

Any idea what the side grills part no is mate?

Thought I had pics of the bags they came in but can't be sure as they sent me non S3 ones initially (blanked off) but a quick search on ebay :
8V3807682QESM
8V3807681AE ESM

Double check those though.

Chris.

Thought I had pics of the bags they came in but can't be sure as they sent me non S3 ones initially (blanked off) but a quick search on ebay :
8V3807682QESM
8V3807681AE ESM

Double check those though.

Chris.
How did you remove and fit them? Have a PFL and need a new passenger one as mine is damaged. Have you still got your old one?

There's a screw in the top corner iirc and then be brave and give them a good pull out. I had the bumper off at the time so could push from behind too. They're a "good fit" !

Chris.