1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent wash mitt (one that will last more than 4 months)

S3 Rav Jun 29, 2018

1. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Afternoon all,

Not really an avid poster this days but still a lurker!

Recently purchased a load of stock which i was very happy with which included foam lance, Blackfire kit etc and a Gyeon Lambswool wash mitt.

Overall a very happy bunny...However, after only 4 months the wash mitt has pretty much disintegrated to the point where I need a new mitt. Must say not impressed and have contacted PB about this who have said that the lifespan of wash mitts can vary due to the natural element of the fibres etc.

So, now i'm on the lookout for a decent wash mitt that wont marr the paint but will last more than 4 months. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

R

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Good Maintenance of a wash mitt regular washing and rinsing it properly prolongs the life of any cloth or wash mitt, Microfibre Madness incredimitt or In2detailing.co.uk wash mitts are all rather good

4. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Supercharged Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

You beat me to it by 21 mins @jassyo06 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassyo06 likes this.
  5. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform

The Gyeon Q2 mitt gets my vote.

“The Gyeon Q²M Mitt features a double-sided ultra-deep merino wool pile that allows dirt and grime to be drawn safely away from exterior surfaces during the wash process. The thumbed design also offers greater comfort during use, and reduces the risk of the mitt slipping off of your hand once it becomes heavy with water. Because it is made from natural materials and subject to frequent wetting, the condition of the Gyeon Q²M Mitt will deteriorate over time; the usual life expectancy is three to six months if used on a regular basis.“

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S3 Rav, MattSedg and jassyo06 like this.
  6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I still have my meguiers lambswool mitt with bug remover on the reverse…it must be ten years old at least ! All I do is rinse it with cold water after use and dry on the line, what are you doing Rav steam cleaning it :D

Alan999, S3 Rav, Pook and 1 other person like this.
  7. AllanG

AllanG Q5 TFSI

I can also recommend the Meguiars lambswool mitt.

Pook likes this.
  8. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

I have this as well

Pook likes this.
  9. Taxboy

Taxboy Active Member

10. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Supercharged Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

I never mentioned the other mitts that I used. So, I have been using the below since last year and changed it as after my son (9 years) decided to wash his bike with it . Really plush, soft and quality wash pad.

[​IMG]

11. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

ln this case you get what you pay for..ergo

Rob2k68 and Tashfeen like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

Got this as well but not opened it yet

jassyo06 likes this.
  14. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

LOL. My wash mitt is a micro fibre one from tesco. Must be at least 5 years old. Still working fine for me. Machine washed after every use. :D

jassyo06 likes this.
  15. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Another vote for Meguiars lambwool, it has lasted me ages, I stick it in the washer after each use too. I’m still actually slightly unsure of the mesh on the back though, it feels a little plasticy, is it really ok to just rub at your paintwork with this side when gestating off bugs etc....?

16. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I don't use that bit tbh

Pook likes this.
  17. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks Jason, hope you're well bud! Wouldn't be complaining if i was steam cleaning it. Would say i've used the mitt less than 10 times. Madness.

voorhees likes this.
  18. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply all. Might go for a microfibre one next as don't want a repeat.

Tashfeen likes this.
  19. Tashfeen

. Do let us know how long it lasts this time round. Because if it is the same as last time. i.e. 4 months then perhaps it is a new thread, "how to wash a car" next for you

S3 Rav likes this.
  20. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

you mean I shouldn't be rinsing the wash mitt across the floor and then on my car???:readit::wtf:

Tashfeen likes this.
  21. Tashfeen

22. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

microfibre madness mitt ordered!

Supa Koopa, jassyo06 and Tashfeen like this.
  23. Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro S tronic

You'll like it and it's so easy to just chuck it in the washing machine to clean it. I like mine that much I want a grey one so I have the set...! :)

24. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

I went for the grey myself!

Coming on thursday so will see how it compares to the lambswool.