Decat question...

Benmk3

Reaction score
Another scroll through ebay has led me to find some decat pipes
But I found a standard cat pipe with all the internals remove so therefore straight through like a decat.
Would this have the same effect as a decat pipe ? And would it work or is the diameter to big ?

Check out classifieds I've got a 1.8t decat pipe for sale

I've got a decat question, too, if I may - just to avoid creating more threads. How is the 2nd oxygen sensor dealt with when the cat is removed? Do they remove the sensor as well and reprogram the ECU? If so, does the engine lose on power, fuel economy or life expectancy (1.8T BFB)?

I've got a decat question, too, if I may - just to avoid creating more threads. How is the 2nd oxygen sensor dealt with when the cat is removed? Do they remove the sensor as well and reprogram the ECU? If so, does the engine lose on power, fuel economy or life expectancy (1.8T BFB)?

I too have a BFB 1.8T.

This Earlier post will help you. (below)

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/1-8t-decat.68014/

To conclude..most have slots for both oxygen sensors.

Reactions: LordOfTheRings
You need to add a choke to trick the lamba prob