Decat 2.0tdi EML

WARN3R

Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a 2.0tdi 140

I have already done a search on this and I'm sure some of you will answer this in no time at all !

I want to treat my car to the decat pipe from dark side developments ,

Have any of you fitted on of these pipe OR decatted there 2.0tdi , does it bring on the engine management light or limp home mode ?

You recommend the decat ? Oh and at some point the turbo will be going down the hybrid route , mapping etc goal is 200-250hp ish

Thank you

De-catting won't pull any management faults on your car, there is some discrepancy in removing emission control items and MOT's though (even diesels) I prefer the "gutting method" myself. If you're looking to achieve 250 bhp you will be better off looking at a darksides big GTB turbo kit with the de-cat downpipe. Hybrids are poor in my honest opinion and you will never get past a genuine 220ish bhp with any hybrid currently available anyway. Your injectors won't supply more than 235hp worth of fuel though.

So gut your current CAT internals and fit and EGR delete kit with a good ECU remap for 170-180 bhp and when funds allow buy the big turbo kit.

Thanks for the reply mark

I know there will be some money needing to be spent to get the bigger horse power I'm after eventually and the turbo kit sounds perfect for what I'm after.

I'm new to the diesel tuning side of life that's why I need a little guidance haha ! I've had plenty of crazy fast cars now I've settled down mortgage , little boy and another one on the way I cants sell my sensible amazing family car now so I'm just gonna have to make what I've already got faster haha !

I might put a picture of my old 2.5 GTST skyline engine I built up but I might get abuse as its not Audi haha !

Seriously though thanks for your advice buddy !!

Reactions: Mark 3.0 TDI