debadging

luke1987

Air Ride is for Ballers!!
Reaction score
right i know there is loads of threads on this but i havent read anywhere about how the best way to debadge a car, i want to take the a3 and 2.0tdi of the back of my car but im worried that it will leave a sort of shadow on the paint work where the letters and numbers were. i know paint work fades over time but its only an 06 reg so has anyone else debadged a similar year car and how well did it turn out.

luke

Hi Luke
I have debadged 3 of my old cars and never had a problem with paint fade . I found the best way was to warm them up with a hairdryer and then use a length of dental floss and pull it under the badge If it has faded you can always put them back on again with some double sided tape. The left over sticky stuff comes of with some glue/tar remover . Also give the area a clean with your usual paint cleaner and re seal or wax . Hope this helps .

this is the what i done... its a peice of **** no marks what so ever pulled the badges off with my finger nails then scratched the glue and bits of rubber off with my fingure nails there was a slight glue stain left i got some t-cut wax waxed it hard let it dry waxed it again it now looks like theres never been a badge there its that easy...

I have always found a little bit of diesel on a clean cloth and some elbow work gets sticky stuff off easily...
i do this with laptops where some silly people in our company put stupid stickers all over the company laptops and after we rip them off you end up with the white marks where the stickers were.

debadged a 2005 a3 2.0 tdi.

dental floss and then wd40 to remove the glue. wax after . no one would ever know.

piece of piddle :)

cheers for all you info guys, debadged the back end today leaving only the rings and have to say it looks awesome, cheers again!

cheers for all you info guys, debadged the back end today leaving only the rings and have to say it looks awesome, cheers again!

Did my last Sunday looks like it was never badged.

Do it cheapest mod - looks better with a clean behind