Debadging

rOb_A

Reaction score
Other than using a heat-gun, what other ways do you debadge so that no paint damaged occurs? also when i removed my rear audi rings, the adhesive was i job and 1/2 to remove. whats best to remove the adhesive?

thanks in advance rOb

I used fishing line and just put it down the back of the badges then move side to side with a bit of pulling pressure until they come off. Then to get the sticky stuff off I used wd40 then polished and waxed the car

fishing line, never thought of that method or the wd40. last time i used a heat-gu, which was ok but left a lot of adhesive behind, which was a job to remove. i used some break cleaner as it doesn't damage the paint but eats away at for skin!! if you don't have gloves on

I used WD40 to remove the sticky stuff then polished the car after to remove my Audi rings and worked a treat. Used a credit card to prise a corner on the badge then managed to carefully remove it.

a common question and an easy answer!
firstly remove badge with a little hair drier heat and fishing line to "saw" off the gummed adhesive on rear of badge!
secondly to remove the gummy mess left behind, simply use WD40 on a rag and soften the black goo with direct WD40 spray and gradually dissolve and remove the tacky stuff until the paint is smooth.
thirdly, to remove "the shadow" of the badge, give T cut a go! apply over this and it will be all gone!
i have done this on every car i have owned more or less! and the results are flawless!

i used boiling water to get the badges them selves off and abit of pulling power. then just covered the area with t cut polish and the sticky stuff just disappeared and polished the area at the same time. might have abit of white condensation behind the badges were the later has been sitting. boiling hot water made these go.

+1 with the fishing line, but use metholated spirit. Its not to harsh and will not damage the paint, not like thinners or nail varnish.
Steve

Dental floss works well too if you have no fishing line, then sticky stuff remover (halfords) will help disolve soften what is left and you can remove with a soft cloth agitating.

Failing that I have also used isopropyl alcohol to good effect.

I used autoglyme Fast glass to get the sticky stuff off, only need gentle rubbing to get it off. works a treat :thumbsup:

fishing line and wd40 worked a treat !:salute:

will post a pic sometime soon

I did the hair dryer and wd40 trick to remove the engine size badge only to find that once removed the paint has dullened in that area but with some auto glym sure ad polish it's pretty much unnoticeable now

I plan on removing the rear badge and repainting it. Removing it won't be a problem.... But what adhesive do you use to refit it?