DEBADGED-What took me sooooo long!! PICS INC

Dannykn9

"Cruise My Ride"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
After going through so many threads and seeing so many A3's on the road debadged, I had been thinking about the idea for ages.
Well I finally decided to do it, and the only only thing I can question, is why it took me so long.

I also got around to changing my front and side indicator bulbs to silver coated and must say it makes a big difference.

Enjoy the pics, and all comments welcome, good or bad! :icon_thumright:

Quick before pic

Couple of after!!

And a few pics with the changed indicator bulbs.

All the best

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: RIS
Where is the best place to get silver indicator bulbs from?

I got the sides and fronts from eBay. They are just silver coated, they get rid of the amber reflection but flash just as good as standard bulbs.

Nice and clean tail,good work

me like just chnage for front sline bumper now ( IMO ) or smooth the bump strips out will look sweet

Danny what is going on with that exhaust kiddo? Looks like a shotgun :ninja:

Lol Nath.

They are the votex exhaust trim pipes. It completed the whole votex kit still keeping it oem. The old s-line pipes sat too far in.

me like just chnage for front sline bumper now ( IMO ) or smooth the bump strips out will look sweet

Thanks fella.

In all fairness mate, the s-line front bumper is nice, but is too common. My car has the FULL votex kit keeping the car oem. I am not one for mixing and matching parts. Plus if you you read my other thread, I sourced all parts, sprayed and fitted for £500!! Something the dealers wanted £2000 for.

At least I can say my motor is not the same as others but feel it still has that sportiness to it.

Looks great danny :) were the front indicators hard to change?

Chris

Cheers Chris

I had to go through the wheel arch to change, undone three screws and pulled the liner back, then got my hand in. Job done!

I've the same coloured sportback so having seen your photos I'm going to debadge it this weekend.

any tips on how to go about it?

I've the same coloured sportback so having seen your photos I'm going to debadge it this weekend.

any tips on how to go about it?

Hairdryer and dental floss to peel away the lettering, then a lot of picking, and t-cutting. You can buy some special glue remover but decided to go the long route. Lol

Nice poo pipes! how are they so shiney!?

In all fairness mate, I use Showroom Shine by Greased Lightning for the body work and pipes. Stuff is magic! No need to wash the car, as you simple put a bit on a cloth at a time wipe over a section, wait to haze, then wipe off removing all dirt and polishing at the same time.
No need to get the bucket of water and soap and hose anymore. Happy days!