Debadge S1, make it as look normal as possible. 4 steps. Help needed

EasyDeluxe

Reaction score
Hi,
I know it is the opposite direction as many but (for my profession) I want to make my grey S1 sportsback look as common as possible. (as much as a regular A1 as possible) I ordered it with the mirrors in car color , no extra quattro pack, normal 17 inch rims etc...

There are four things I want to do to make it stand out as least as possible.

1) debadge the rear, get rid of the S1 logo.

Is the S1 badge glues on?
Can I just heat it with a hairdryer an workt hem loose?

2) debadge the front.

How is the S1 logo attached to the grille? Any way of taking it of without cutting? Otherwis blacking it out might be an option?

3) Blacking out the exhaust tips.
Once the car is debadged in the spec that it is, the only thing giving it away are the four shiny exhaust tips!
Are they chromed, aluminium or stainless? How could I best make them black?

4) Reprogramming the car so that I can turn of the DRL's completely while driving.
AUDI wouldn't do it!

Thank you very much!

1. Yes hairdryer and dental floss
2. Pretty sure it just pulls off
3. Black tips denote sport exhaust in Audi world, A1’s have the same Chrome tips (just on one side)
4. Again, A1’s have the same lights with DRL’s. And for safety (many blind idiots on the road) I’d be turning the rear’s on as DRL’s ASWELL as leaving the fronts on

3/4 I think are unnecessary as no one in this day is going to see DRL’s and think ‘Oooooo, that’s a fast car’, and anyone that doesn’t know cars will not see twin Chrome tips and think anything of it and anyone that does (vaguely) know cars will see black tips and think it has a sports exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JudderMan
Agree with josedebardi on 1&2

Heat the rear logo with a hairdryer for a few mins and then slide dental floss behind the badge, if the glue is hot enough it will come off easy. If not reheat and try again.

Re the rear logo - put your fingers either side of the badge on the grille (at 9:00 and 3:00 o'clock) and then gently prise it off the grille.

Boiling water over the rear badge and it will peel off - always worked for me!

DRL's - from 2011 it's a legal requirement to have DRL's for homologation purposes on all new models launched. That'll be why Audi wouldn't deactivate. However, you can probably do it if you really want to ...

You won't be able to change the coating on the exhaust tips from chrome with any ease, you'd have to get them stripped then ceramic coated black. You could cut them off and have black ones welded on or change the exhaust to a milltek for example with black tips already - might be a waste of time if discrete is your aim cos it will be a bit louder!