Debadge or not ?

I'm totally with you on this one mate.. ..It has nothing to do with pretending it's something it's not!! If I was buying a Ralph Lauren shirt, I'd buy one with the tiny little horse - not the silly ones with "RALPH LAUREN" plastered across the front in massive lettering!!!! Because I buy products on their own merit, not because I want other people to see what I've got! I just think too much lettering reminds me of the old protons GLXTTI SPORT T 16v TURBO lol..

and leaving just the quattro badge looks nice too, sometimes no badges can look very aftermarket - and this look is not what everyone is trying to achieve..? Leaving the quattro badge is not just to shout " I have a quattro" it just leaves a small subtle badge on the rear to compliment the S Line badges on the sides, and the quattro on the front grill....
Each to their own tho lol:moa:

Think you nailed it there with the shirt comparison. The Quattro badge is very small and you can't really read it unless you look closely. I do however think it look nice and subtle . The "A3" and "TDI" are much larger. Anyway , have done it now and I like it , so suppose that is all that ,matters...

Reactions: quattro81 and Ash187
Seems to me its all about creating an impression the car is not what it obviously is...lol. When i see de badged cars they just scream 1.4 or diesel at best :) If not then why take some badges off and leave the Quattro ?

I say again...who debadges a S3 ?

i debadged my s3 and swapped the mirrors

Yea but you have had two Nova's and a Corsa so it dosnt suprise me :wacko:.......dont see a S3 in your Sig :)

Go on paddy!!:applaus::box: :lmfao: to be fair if my current was an S3 I wouldn't remove the "S3" badge, but that's purely because it's a nice, subtle looking badge.. Which adds something due to it's colour too.. And it matches the front...
Personally I would specify colour coded mirrors too, as the alu "look" plate is just wack these days:puke: nothing like the 8L solid beasts!:yum:

and one more thing... audi do offer to debadge the car at factory for free so it is a dealer option!

I chose the debadge opion and i have to say that i like the clean look of just the Audi Rings and the chrome twin exhausts. Purely personal choice though, not a status thing.

Although on BMW's when was the last time you saw a 330 or a 335 debadged. Generally it tends to be the 318i with the body kit that has no badges!!

Actually, what am i saying?!? If i had an S3 i would have left the badges on!!! :arco:

Yea but you have had two Nova's and a Corsa so it dosnt suprise me :wacko:.......dont see a S3 in your Sig :)
sorry to jump in but what does that comment stand for? I am not a rich boy to be driving premium cars since i passed my driving test! i had a corsa and a ford focus before getting a golf... had to work my way up and buy my own cars from the go as i dont have a nice daddy to buy me fancy things... sorry paddy but thats just another load of bull!

what a total load of bullocks! if you really want to leave a car as the manufacturer intended then dont buy alloys for it and dont add spoilers and steering wheels from a model that isnt your car model!

I have no intention of buying any of the above after market stuff and intend leaving all our Audis a Audi intended. Audi have dropped cc badges and yes they do offer a delete 'option' but IMHO (Note IMHO) messing about with badges indicates too much time to fiddle and less time to enjoy. WTF and why bother you can't see them when you're driving!

Would you remove the Quattro badge on the glove locker eh to make it look 'smooth' ??

Last edited:
sorry to jump in but what does that comment stand for? I am not a rich boy to be driving premium cars since i passed my driving test! i had a corsa and a ford focus before getting a golf... had to work my way up and buy my own cars from the go as i dont have a nice daddy to buy me fancy things... sorry paddy but thats just another load of bull!

You assumed it was a money thing mate ..not me. I was thinking it was a question of style ....

as it happens i had to buy my own cars too...dosnt everyone ?

Last edited:
TBH all this talk of people having a go at others because they have took an AUDI badge off their car is an utter joke.

Maybe I should stick the rings on my bedroom wall just so i don't forget what my car is when I wake up in the monring...

What doe sit matter what cars people have owned in the past? It's called each to their own - simple as!

Reactions: PilotAudi, quattro81 and paddy
Wow , never thought my post would generate so much debate. Perhaps it goes with why we choose a particular car as it is an extension of ourselves.
Maybe also the same reason we share views on this forum. We are all different , but share our choice of car and this forum is an extension of that choice where we can share our experiences.
I am comfortable with my driving skills. I spent 5 years racing circuits around the UK and earned my full racing licence , and after giving up racing I was a part time(paid) Motor Cycle instructor and examiner up to advanced level (all advanced level were either ex racers or police and had to go through extensive police training). As I have got older I know my driving skills are not so good , as my attention level and concentration is not as good as when I was in my twenties, so I drive accordingly. So removing a few badges means nothing to me , other than I think it looks cool !

Last edited:
Once you have removed the badges, you can always get a turbo sticker for the rear window, that would look nothing short of awesome...!:idea:

Reactions: paddy
Ive been thinking about sticking a S3 badge in the centre of my boot under the audi ring of my debadged 2.0tdi think its guna looks really OEM:undwech:

Dont mention Nova's......I did but I think i got away with it :lmfao:

I removed the a3 and 2.0 tdi from the rear of my car

I got so pi$$ed of with them getting grubby, damaging my wash mitt and being a real pita
to clean properly

Once I had removed them, I also preferred the way it looked so win win all round.

I couldn't give a flying rats **** if people think ' o look at that, he has taken badges of his car because he is ashamed' or ' ohh what a ****' or whatever.

I did not remove them because I am 'embarrassed ' by what they say. I mean it's pretty obvious it's an a3 *** and the ratterly bag of spanners is a bit of a give away it's diesel.

People need to realise that every one likes different styles, and this forum would probably not exist if everyone kept their car as it came from the factory.

I know I like my car, and couldn't give a toss if anyone ' doesn't .

And to those who are getting on their pedestals about this, you need to get out more :3sadwalk:

What you mean is...have an opinion but make sure its the same as mine :lmfao:

I just cant see the point in buying an Audi if you then Junk the wheels, badges, suspension, rear wiper, exhaust, swop half the bodywork and map it.....Devalue it by 50% , up you insurance and turn it into a chav motor ..Seems to me like you probably bought the wrong car...:whistle2:

Last edited:
So you are saying I bought the wrong car?

I'm sorry, didn't realise you had to be a boring ***** to own an a3

Perhaps every one should be vetted before being allowed the privilege to buy one
:applaus:

It helps on this forum. I try and liven it up but its just becoming "MaxPower" on line.

Must agree there. Wouldn't it be interesting to have a constant flow of the following threads

'has my engine fan broken?'
'what does this switch do?'
'pics of my blue A3'
'pics of my red A3'

Riveting..............

Back to reality, variety is the spice of life, and no man will ever change that.

Perhaps your getting too old paddy and just don't like change pmsl

Yea i'm getting too old for this crap. You will be the same if you ever grow up.

Yea i'm getting too old for this crap. You will be the same if you ever grow up.

Let's face it, we won't agree on this subject, ever, so may aswell call it a day. And to result to immature comments only proves you have no more to say that is worth listening to, so I shall not waste any of my 'juvenile' time on it :)

I say debadge for the WIN !!!!!

I removed the a3 and 2.0 tdi from the rear of my car

I got so pi$$ed of with them getting grubby, damaging my wash mitt and being a real pita
to clean properly

:

You know I think on the basis of that arguement I think I need need to remove both numberplates and all the wipers too...

WTF??????

PS Red hot Chilli Powder is THE spice of life......................

You know I think on the basis of that arguement I think I need need to remove both numberplates and all the wipers too...

WTF?????? ..

Well if you think that is a good idea, good luck. I was under the impression that both number plates and wipers were a practical and legal requirement :)

now now children chill out fellas i saw debadge it mine came with out the rear badges from audi as its an opiton does that mean that my car is a chav car does it :lmfao:

If you have trouble cleaning around your number plates, then you need help! LOL

The jagged end on the "A" catches my drying towel every time, whats hard to understand about that, annoys me too.

now now children chill out fellas i saw debadge it mine came with out the rear badges from audi as its an opiton does that mean that my car is a chav car does it :lmfao:

Audi didn't start debadge option until 2006 (I believe!!)

well you can "believe" all you like mine came like it from audi direct when new as its a ticked option for my car :moa::p

I have checked and Debadge is a relatively new Factory option, of course your dealer may have got out the hairdryer and credit card!!!

I think the dealer badges them anyway. When my old mum brought a Micra all the badges were in the glove box as the dealer forgot to put them on.

But then my Mum prefers her cars debadged......She's an old granny too :)

after you have debadged and ripped off your rear wiper////

550x-nbtd.jpg

:lmfao:

Last edited:
Maybe a B is smoother.... Come on *udi lets see the new A3 called a B3??? WTF....

Don't know how that relates to what I said but just to help you out:

Everyone knows "O" is smoothest letter!

You want to try "A3 3.2 S-line Quattro"....tears your dusters to shreads :faint: I just have to get my Vallet to do it for me.