Dealer's lies

ChrisS1

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just a bit of fun for a Sunday morning.

I have caught out the sales guy we are dealing with about 3 or 4 times at least. Each time he crawls up his own jacksy and changes his story, digging himself in further.

Is this a one off experience, or have others experienced the same? I wonder if it's a personal thing, or whether it's something in the DNA of sales people?

Before I get lambasted I should point out that I am a Technical Sales Rep for a German manufacturer, but I can honestly say I do not tell porkies to customers, as you just end up looking like a plonker when you get caught out!

Reactions: CHEZ
Personally my buying experience aT Audi Teesside was brilliant, no lies honest about delivery times and I got the car with a decent amount of discount.
What's the problem that's made you do a post?

Well so far we've had
"The S1 is made in a different factory"
"The S1 has a special build slot, which when exchanging slots between dealers it's two regular A1 slots for one S1 slot"
"It'll only be another two weeks"
"Your car is going into build next week"
"I have no idea why it's been sat at the docks for 3 weeks"
"No, the PDI isn't done at Sheerness, Audi don't do that"
"Oh well some Audi dealers do but we still do all our own PDIs here"

I think you should perhaps speak to the dealer principle or the sales manager.
Are you buying it from an Audi dealer.
I think delivery times have improved as I waited 5 months for mine.

To be honest it's all a bit tongue in cheek, I just found it amusing how the story changed every time I caught him out telling porkies!

Anyway, the car is due to arrive at the dealership today so all being well we will be collecting it on Saturday!