Saloon Dealer/Stealers

Mac3

Reaction score
Hi Readers,I have just had my car serviced at the local Audi Franchise and nearly fell of the stool when given the paperwork itemising a recommended grease /lubrication for the Pan sunroof next visit to the bank of Audi. I can in all honesty say the roof has probably been opening only 2 or 3 times. They are quoting £267 plus vat!!!!!!
Come on Audi
giphy.gif

Has anyone else fallen for this ruse at extortion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso
My RSQ3 is booked in next month for a service, I really don't know how they keep a straight face when you question the price and they say "that includes parts labour and vat sir!"
I know mine is also due a panroof service and it won't be covered under warranty if I don't have it done but come on 20mins greasing a few places on the track is not a massive job!

The sunroof oil is around £45 for 30ml. Last time I was quoted around £150 for the sunroof service on an a6.

The sunroof oil is around £45 for 30ml. Last time I was quoted around £150 for the sunroof service on an a6.
You mean that's what they charge you for the oil!
The last oil change I had at a dealer they told me the oil cost £130......dont think so

You mean that's what they charge you for the oil!
The last oil change I had at a dealer they told me the oil cost £130......dont think so

That’s for 30ml so I would assume it needs more than 30ml

Just FYI, unless you car is under 3 years old and still under the standard new car manufacturers warranty I wouldn’t bother with a sunroof service personally, as Audi’s extended or used approved warranty covers literally nothing to do with sunroofs.

Had an issue with my S5 sunroof and Audi just proved me right, I’ve got a complete lack of confidence in Audi’s ability to dismantle and service these, they ended up causing more issues with it than they fixed. My advice if it’s working fine leave it well alone.