Facelift dealer scratched my car, what can I do?

Lawrence27

Reaction score
My S3 went in for some warranty work 2 weeks ago and they washed the car afterwards which I didn’t ask for. I was foolish enough not to inspect the car when I picked it up as I was in a rush.

I have now noticed numerous scratches on the car this morning when I washed it. It hasn’t been washed since so I am assuming it is from when it was at the dealer or am I jumping to conclusions?

Any advice would be appreciated.

You'll struggle to prove it was them IMHO. How do you know it hasn't been brushed past in a car park (for example)?

As said you'll struggle to prove anything, as they'll argue it was either scratched before or after the service. Only inspecting the car with the customer service assistant before and after would ensure any scratches made by the dealer were addressed.

My car is detailed, so at point of making service appointment I make clear not to wash the car. When I drop it off, I again make clear it's ben detailed and if they wash it, they'll be getting billed for it to be detailed again. I put 2 signs up in the car stating "Do not wash car. Car has been Detailed". One on the dash and one on the passenger seat.

To be fair to my dealer, they know people get their cars detailed and are used to people requesting no wash or valet.

Reactions: S3LOK and DrMal
As said you'll struggle to prove anything, as they'll argue it was either scratched before or after the service. Only inspecting the car with the customer service assistant before and after would ensure any scratches made by the dealer were addressed.

My car is detailed, so at point of making service appointment I make clear not to wash the car. When I drop it off, I again make clear it's ben detailed and if they wash it, they'll be getting billed for it to be detailed again. I put 2 signs up in the car stating "Do not wash car. Car has been Detailed". One on the dash and one on the passenger seat.

To be fair to my dealer, they know people get their cars detailed and are used to people requesting no wash or valet.
When I collected the A5, I told the sales woman and the finance guy to make sure it wasn't touched apart from taking the sticky plastic covers off, they both said that more and more people are asking to collect cars this way.

Like you I always make sure it's clean if/when I take it to them, I also get them to look over the car with me before I leave it with them, I leave the do not clean sign in the car and I then inspect it when I collect it. May sound extreme, but the first time I left the S3 with them they washed it and scratched the bonnet :wtf:...took me ages with the DA to get it out! (Black car as well).

I put 2 of these in my car each time it go to the dealership

Attachments

• IMG_20180415_0001.pdf
    324.3 KB · Views: 175