Dealer Knowledge??

Soft lad

Reaction score
How many of you guys on here actually have any faith in what your dealers know?? I bought my B8 2 years ago now and was fed a fair bit of BS from them.

2 years down the line and with a new face lift of the A4, I have visited a few dealers and am amazed about their knowledge.

I went to a local dealer just to look at a Q3. I discussed with the sales woman that I had a B8 and I wasn't too sure on the look of the headlights and she said "they're not online yet and we don't have any" which is interesting as there were 2 new ones parked up in the car park.

Then yesterday I visited another dealer who said that only the SE was about at the moment and the S Line, Black Edition etc would follow soon and yet I've already seen all of these cars.

Is there an Audi problem or a dealer issue not briefing staff enough as it can't help when they're trying to sell cars.

Yup, pretty much most are useless and don't really care! I went to 4 dealers before finding a knowledgable one that was just over 100 miles from where I lived, so I made the journey to speak to them and see the cars.

I turned up at 1 dealer looking for something specific as you did and was told that they didn't have such a car, even tho I saw it on the way in, I had to take him out ot point it out to them! Then when he started with his sales patter telling me about he HDD Sat Nav and the wheels being optional extra's I just said look I clearly know more than you about this car, so if you can't tell me the basics I'm off. Nice car, but just walked away from the rubbish dealer!

I had an Audi Parts department phone me looking for advice on RNS-E stuff for one of their own B6 or B7 customers!
I was (still am) a dedicated A4/B6 owner and nothing to do with the trade.

its a bit bad when you know more than they do!

i mean its their ****** job to know all about what they sell and do.

My dealers brought a camera out to take a photo of my seat cover because they thought it was a design flaw which could be corrected as it was still in production....until I told them the car was last made 6 years previous ha !