Dealer contribution vs car discount

greasy Thumb

Reaction score
Out of interest has anyone had both of these with a new order? Got a good amount of contribution which was about 4k but could i ask for discount aswell? Also any one option better then another

Effectively the same thing. It's about the end figure you're paying. £4k is good.

They put the discount on mine as dealer contribution, I would guess this is the norm.

Why the change of car? Coupe to 5dr.

Would suggest comfort pack and elec & heated door mirrors.

I chose adaptive lights over beam assist, would rather have beam assist.

They put the discount on mine as dealer contribution, I would guess this is the norm.

Why the change of car? Coupe to 5dr.

Would suggest comfort pack and elec & heated door mirrors.

I chose adaptive lights over beam assist, would rather have beam assist.

Now have a 2 month old boy and currently have the M235 and the partners mini, both a pain putting him in the back seat. Both going and sharing the S3 keep us both happy even though its me paying for it -.-

Reactions: A3_Rider
Now have a 2 month old boy and currently have the M235 and the partners mini, both a pain putting him in the back seat. Both going and sharing the S3 keep us both happy even though its me paying for it -.-
The only thing we found (well the wife did) was that she banged her head on the roof of the back door of the S3 Sportback, when lifting toddler out of the seat - the S3 Saloon however was fine, so that was then choosen. I actually like the look of the Saloon and coming from an A4 Avant (B7) it has been a nice change.

Also any one option better then another

I suspect that terming it a "dealer contribution" as opposed to a "discount" allows them to account for it differently (probably in their favour) on the books. For the purchaser it doesn't really matter what it is called.

The only thing we found (well the wife did) was that she banged her head on the roof of the back door of the S3 Sportback, when lifting toddler out of the seat - the S3 Saloon however was fine, so that was then choosen. I actually like the look of the Saloon and coming from an A4 Avant (B7) it has been a nice change.

Would like the saloon but other half couldnt cope with a saloon... Yes i know but she would be using it daily so want her to be comfortable and safe so was her choice....this time