Dealer child/baby seat isofix?

gixer

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if anyone has a audi dealer supplied child/baby seat that isofix's into their car. I was after knowing if the isofix part of the seat presses down on the cars seats and leaves an imprint or if the isofix system sits slightly off the seats. I know this might sound a bit fussy but i was trying to find a better alternative to our last conventional child seat (using the seatbelt) that when you removed from the car after been in position for some time took weeks for the imprint of the base of the seat to finally dissapear from the cars seats.

Ive got the Britax Isofix duo plus in the rear of my car, been there over a month, since I swapped from the BMW, took it out the other day to give it a clean, and there was only slight marking of the leather right at the back end of the seat where it locks into the isofix fixings, none on the actual seat part itself. HTH.

ever thought of using a sunshine kids seat protector? look on amazon

I've used something called a "Neat Seat" for a couple of years. It was about £20 from Mothercare, which is a diabolical liberty considering that it's basically a sheet of rubber that goes from the seat bottom to the top of the backrest.

It does the job, though, and has kept my back seat in mint condition.

IIRC the dealer seat is just a rebadged/recovered Britax unit anyway. I've also got a Britax Duo Plus and it doesn't leave much of a mark. What does leave a mark are the plastic guides that go onto the isofix bars. They spread the leather apart where the back and base meet. Takes a good few days for that to recover.

Hi

My dealer sells RECARO seats for the Audi's. We had the baby one then moved up to the next size. the seat and base were massive in the back of the A4 so i ditched the base. The seatbelts in the Audi (except drivers) have a great locking mechanism if you pull it out full it ratchet ties back in and will only unlock when fully retracted. dont confuse this with the standard locking system on all seatbelts! I find that this holds my daughter Recaro seat in so much better.

toby

Samuelt - you said:- "if you pull it out full it ratchet ties back in and will only unlock when fully retracted"

Can you explain for me - we got a baby seat stuck in the car a while back because we could not release the belt. Ended up cutting the belt to get my sone out!! Deal fitted new belt for free (yes for free!!) sayign it should not have jammed but sounds like it's a feature...............

Samuelt - you said:- "if you pull it out full it ratchet ties back in and will only unlock when fully retracted"

Can you explain for me - we got a baby seat stuck in the car a while back because we could not release the belt. Ended up cutting the belt to get my sone out!! Deal fitted new belt for free (yes for free!!) sayign it should not have jammed but sounds like it's a feature...............

Pull the seatbelt all the way out to the stop and then let it in. You'll hear it on the rachet and you can no longer pull it out. It releases from the rachet once it's most of the way back in.

Could be a useful feature but I think it releases too late. I had a couple of scenarios where I thought I wasn't going to get a seat out before I realised what was happening.

ISOFIX still much better in my opinion.