Dealer appears to have lost my car?!

Haha!

It’s £350 in 4yrs....;)

Pretty sure I would change the brake pads on any car if I had it for + 20k miles....? New cars don’t suddenly have infinite brakes and tyres....?
The car is old at 20k! Rather buy a new car than brakes lol :p

Clearly an employee has taken it for a rally stage blast , then it will receive a dropped sponge grit wash , or..

the filler and paint are baking in the body shop oven after it fell off the MOT ramp .

I'd be freaking out if my car couldn't be located.

I hope u have some documentation or name of the person who took the car over or something? Value of evidence..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one dealership east of Newbury and west of Slough that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole after their appalling customer service.

Who ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd get my app up and tell them where it is from the comfort of my home :)

[QUOTE="audiblue, post: 3135912, member: 94791

There then follows an odd mea culpa session where they admitted that really they are not doing a very good job in service at the moment. Huge staff turnover, people not bothering to return calls / update customers and it is all a bit of a shambles really...

Apparently they are working on things and service really will be much improved soon...

I hope they do - but really the service has been pretty dire for years - and it sounds like an uphill task. I must admit the thought of booking the next service is bringing me out in hives...

I have to say that while I like the car, the dealing-with-the-Audi garages is far and away the worst aspect the ownership experience. (Many years ago my mother used to bribe the local Saab dealer to service her ancient Audi 100 so she didn't have to deal with the local Audi franchise....) My experience with most of the franchised dealers to date has been they build these beautiful glass and chrome temples, and then staff them with absolute morons.

So if I can end on a more constructive note - if you are in based in southern England (west of London) are there any dealers people here would rate as competent? If it is any help I curently define competence as "not losing your car for two days".[/QUOTE]

I wasn’t impressed with our local Audi dealer recently neither. Lovely building etc... however staff just wondering around like they want to be on some tv show like towie. Had to wait ages to be seen.

They wanted to charge £750 for curing a leak in the rear by replacing a windscreen seal. When asked to come out and show where it was leaking the service guy walks off, eventually comes back, clearly service tech didn’t want to come out and he starts gesticulating with his hands clearly had no idea what he was talking about.

I fixed it myself for free it was a blocked drain hole.

There is one dealership east of Newbury and west of Slough that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole after their appalling customer service.

I bought my s3 from slough dealership.... seemed ok to me.
I hope the OP has nothing to do with them!?

[QUOTE="audiblue, post: 3135912, member: 94791

There then follows an odd mea culpa session where they admitted that really they are not doing a very good job in service at the moment. Huge staff turnover, people not bothering to return calls / update customers and it is all a bit of a shambles really...

Apparently they are working on things and service really will be much improved soon...

I hope they do - but really the service has been pretty dire for years - and it sounds like an uphill task. I must admit the thought of booking the next service is bringing me out in hives...

I have to say that while I like the car, the dealing-with-the-Audi garages is far and away the worst aspect the ownership experience. (Many years ago my mother used to bribe the local Saab dealer to service her ancient Audi 100 so she didn't have to deal with the local Audi franchise....) My experience with most of the franchised dealers to date has been they build these beautiful glass and chrome temples, and then staff them with absolute morons.

So if I can end on a more constructive note - if you are in based in southern England (west of London) are there any dealers people here would rate as competent? If it is any help I curently define competence as "not losing your car for two days".

I wasn’t impressed with our local Audi dealer recently neither. Lovely building etc... however staff just wondering around like they want to be on some tv show like towie. Had to wait ages to be seen.

They wanted to charge £750 for curing a leak in the rear by replacing a windscreen seal. When asked to come out and show where it was leaking the service guy walks off, eventually comes back, clearly service tech didn’t want to come out and he starts gesticulating with his hands clearly had no idea what he was talking about.

I fixed it myself for free it was a blocked drain hole.[/QUOTE]

I rate Swindon Audi, I live in Cheltenham but always go back to Swindon as Chelt Audi’s service is dreadful.

Nigel in sales at Swindon is fantastic, always honest with his prices and what he can do. Their service department is good as well, always punctual, prices are market value but the service warrants it.

For future reference, Reading Audi are very good for service. Drive in hanger, friendly welcome at 7am, Driver to take you to station. Texts troughout the day, video of tyres. Clean (not sparkling, but good enough) car at the end.

BUT, could you smell fresh paint thou.....?

Reactions: sve170