Deal or no deal?

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
As per other thread, ive tride to get out of buying a used S3/fiance agreement , but it's impossible, there is no getting out of it!

I have not recived any moneys or car at this point!

I have two choice's

1 - lose 500 pound deposit for the car , and pay off 9k fiance back as 9175 pounds! then i need to put it in writing that i don't want the car , and the Audi dealer will pass it on to there legal team to ascertain whether i'am entitled to the 9k back!

This could take a long time and be drawn out!

The Audi dealer is not making it easy for me , and will not discount a NEW 8p S3

2 - Buy the car

07 plate Phantom black
6600 mile
Bose
SynphonyII+
Phone prep on dash
Heated and folding mirrors
Gap
Protective sealent?
Full tank of petrol
1 free service
26k is this a good deal?

Deal or no deal?

What would you do?

Thanks

p

PPS if you want to know who the dealer is PM me

sorry it doesn't seem to make sense, i can understand losing the deposit but £9000 ?

As it stands at the moment I've had not had the car. I paid the 500 pound deposit which is non refundable. Audi say that there is no way of getting out of the finance agreement, and would just need to settle the 9K by paying them 9175 pounds. They would send the 9k to the dealer and we would pay the finance agreement 9175 and hope the dealer would give us the 9K back (therefore we would only lose 175). The dealer would keep the car to sell on.

I think that's right.

p

Is there a reason you dont want the car? or is it just the finance you no longer want?

I don't think its good enough deal , i can get new with more options for 27.400k from a uk dealer on a 08 plate ( sorry my pound sign's not working ) i didn't think getting out of the agreement would be so hard!

p

Hmmm I think you may have to take the hit and lose the deposit and the £175 you mention, I'd still defintley get proper advice from the CAB in the morning though before you make a solid decision.

Why is the deposit non-refundable, it's not as if you ordered a brand new specced car. It should at least be transferable for the future.

How did you pay for the deposit, credit card?

Have you signed anything for the finance?

Issac Hunt said:
Hmmm I think you may have to take the hit and lose the deposit and the £175 you mention, I'd still defintley get proper advice from the CAB in the morning though before you make a solid decision.

So is the car not worth 26k?

If the dealer and there legal team want they could make it a very long affair!

p

TDI-line said:
Why is the deposit non-refundable, it's not as if you ordered a brand new specced car. It should at least be transferable for the future.

How did you pay for the deposit, credit card?

Have you signed anything for the finance?

Yes i signed for the finance , i payed the deposit by debit card!

They wont discount a NEW S3 8p

p

26k? Well thats hard to say, I wouldnt pay it personally as the car is almost a year old and as you said before you can get an 08 plate with better spec for 27.4K.

However the plus side of the deal is you dont have to wait until March to get it. Would you even get a new build in time for 1st March? It can be a 10 week wait for a new build.

Speak to your dealer and explain and call the CAB soonest.

DP sorry, but deposits usually are non-refundable but surely they should let you transfer this deposit onto another motor? Have you asked them this?

phantom said:
Yes i signed for the finance , i payed the deposit by debit card!

They wont discount a NEW S3 8p

p

Check the small print, there should be a cooling off period, or something where you can hand the car back within 14 days if you not satisfied, but you could explain to the dealer that it's not worth getting to this point is it...?

And the dealer does not want a car back with another driver on the log book.

Who is the dealer?

TDI-line said:
Check the small print, there should be a cooling off period, or something where you can hand the car back within 14 days if you not satisfied, but you could explain to the dealer that it's not worth getting to this point is it...?

And the dealer does not want a car back with another driver on the log book.

Who is the dealer?

I think people have said that the cooling off period doesnt apply if the agreement is signed in the showroom. You def. need CAB advice on this IMO.

Regarding the 14 day handback period, I thought that this meant you could give the car back in exchange for another of same/age value. I doubt it would mean an end to finance agreement though.

Seek professional advice, and quickly!

What about this, look at it this way

which is the best deal

Dealer car
Phantom black
mfsw
Phone prep dash mounted
Bose
Symphony II+
Electric folding mirrors
Gap
Full tank of petrol
One service free

12 week wait, lose the vat as soon as i hand over my hard earned, loads of messing about with Audi trying to get oyt of the deal!

Brilliant black
08 brand new
Interior light pack
rain and light sensor pack
arm rest
mffbsw
bluetooth in arm rest
SymphonyII +
Bose

28k by the time ive paid the settelment , and lost my deposit

TBH we are struggling money wise to find the 28k

p

On balance I'd prob take the 07. You can add any of the missing spec yourself later and wont need to wait 12 weeks for a car. The 08 would only be brand-new for a day after all!

Also i would imagine there will much less personal stress with taking the 07!

This may sound silly, but can you negotiate with them if you find another interested party to take up the car?

Dont think you can recover all your money, but at least the sting isnt as bad?

Gd luck though.

To be quite honest the dealership sounds appalling and a bunch of sharks!! Why not name the dealership on here??

I cannot understand why the dealership are not working with you; and by your comments; they seem to be desperate to get you in a corner to force you to buy that particular car. :think:

Think I'd make use of the free 'first 15 minute' consultation you get at many solicitors as I thought that any CREDIT agreement had to have a cooling off period of some sort by law.

Phantom, can I ask how old you are?? Just wondering if you are quite young and being taken for a mug by the dealership.

Is the credit application done online? I cannot see your application being processed by whatever company late on a Saturday afternoon and definitely not on a Sunday when you went in to cancel.:think:

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction mate, I think we all make impulse decisions sometimes that we later think better of. My missus is awful when it comes to buying cars in that regard.

i'm 35 mate, but i don't really earn nearly new or new Audi money , so i think they now that , and are having me over a barrel with lube! even tho i will bw paying them 17k cash and 9k on the never never!

What it was i made the mistake of asking them the match the other two dealers prices on a new car, they DON"T discount S3 so there playing hard ball so i don't go else where!

Just reading the small print of the agreement i do not have the right to cancel the credit agreement!

Bunch of no good ******** , but if i lose the deposit and they LET me pay off the credit, so i have only lost 675 , i will be hard pushed to aford 28k on a new car , and ive sold my old car so i don't even have a car at the moment!

It's a fu*king mess and i'm really gutted! ;0(

p

Sounds like they are playing hardball.
Why not get some quotes on New S3's with discounts and put them under their nose, or even better, get some quotes for other appporved S3 in the Auid used network where you've negotiated a beter deal for practically the same car.
Now this maybe a long shot, but if you can walk in to the dealer, speak to the Sales Manager demonstrate how their sales guy has misled you saying "no discounts on S3's" yet you ahve gone out and found several better deals, they may offer you a better deal on the used car, or transfer your finance to a new S3 at the better price.
It's a long shot, but dig your heels in and see how you go.

They will be very unwilling to give up the finance though, they make an absolute fortune out of finance deal commissions!!!

Either way don't like the sound of this dealership!

Name them!!!!???

Good luck mate

From your original post you signed up on sunday but decided to cancel it on monday morning ? I wouldn't have thought they could get the paperwork through to the finance company in time ? Did they sit you down with the finacial person from the dealership and hand you the document - and get you to sign regarding information about the FSA ?

I can understand them not wanting to give your deposit back but I would have thought they would have given you at least a day or so, its not like the car was factory ordered. I also cannot understand why they want you to pay £9175, I presume this is the amount loaned + the interest and they setup fee, which again if you only signed on sunday I cannot see how they had chance to do. I presume they are using Audi finace/ VW financial services ? I'd speak to them, firstly asking what if questions, like if I took out a credit agreement could I cancel etc ... then I would get myself to tesco and borrow money from them.

I would strongly reccomend you take some kind of legal advice - even go to another dealer and see what they reccomend, they are sometimes willing to help if they get a sale. Oh and make sure everything goes in writting, keep notes of who you spoke to and when and what date - document everything. The better prepared you are the better the chance of getting your money back.

phantom said:
Just reading the small print of the agreement i do not have the right to cancel the credit agreement!

It's a fu*king mess and i'm really gutted! ;0(

p

:wtf:

THis sounds like a serious bad dealer or a back street one!!!

I'd seriously take advice on this before you do anything else...Surely there should be a cooling off period....

Depends if you are as stubborn and determined as I am regarding problems, but ..........

I would write to Audi customer care about how unhappy you are with how you feel you have been treated and drop a copy in at the dealership for the branch manager.

I would also make a nuisance of myself at the dealership and talk LOUDLY about their appalling service and embarrass the staff in front of potential customers.

Most companies rely on us brits keeping quiet and not kicking up a fuss. I made a Ford dealership buy back a faulty Mondeo Estate they sold me after 6 months of ownership by showing them I would use every avenue at my disposal to give them bad press. I was relentless with Ford Uk (who actually backed me in the end), got watchdog and Trading Standards involved. I posted my story on every car review site and found the phone number of the director of the particular Ford Franchise and phoned him twice a week.

The normal standard terms and condition and their normal rules soon go out of the window if the pressure on them gets too much.

If you want out, dont sit on your **** speaking to us, get onto the CAB straight away, and get serious legal advice- it's free.

1 - I have spoken to VW finance and ( I CAN NOT CANCEL THE AGREEMENT )

2 - I have two writen qotes from two other dealer who can do a brand new car 08 plate with a bit better spec for 27581 and 27400.

3 - I asked them to better/match the two qotes ( WE DONT DISCOUNT S3 )

4 - Ive offred for them to keep the car , i will pay off the 9k fianace at 9175 pounds and they give me back the 9k the fianace comany gave them!

5 - They say i have to put it in writing that i don't want the car and why, they will then give it to there legal team to decide if they will give me the 9k or not.

They are giving it to me big time!

p

is this some kind of baloon finance deal, where if you dont buy the car you lose the car AND the inital finance of £9175?

madvw said:
is this some kind of baloon finance deal, where if you dont buy the car you lose the car AND the inital finance of £9175?

No balloon fianace, it is a main Audi dealer , they won't cancel the fianace so i'm try to buy myself out of it!

9k fianace 9175 settlement figure ! but then i have to get the dealer to give me the 9k they got off the fianace company!

There being very stubbern about the whole thing , coz they are unwilling to MATCH the other dealers qotes they are not making it easy to go to the other dealers , coz they will lose a sale!

p

I honestly think you should name the dealership or at least threaten them with naming and shaming on this and other Audi forums.

Sound like a right set of tossers.

price of the new car doesn't come into it, you have agreed to buy a used car. Out of interest have they given you an over allowance on your PX work out the true cost to change, a new one might only be a few thousand more but if the PX isn't going to be as good then the cost will still rise and from previous posts I guess you are on the edge in terms of what you can borrow.

SteveTDCi said:
price of the new car doesn't come into it, you have agreed to buy a used car. Out of interest have they given you an over allowance on your PX work out the true cost to change, a new one might only be a few thousand more but if the PX isn't going to be as good then the cost will still rise and from previous posts I guess you are on the edge in terms of what you can borrow.

Ive already sold my car, so i have money in the bank.

p

Am I missing something here?!? Where is this 'name and shame' attitude coming from towards the dealer in question.

As far as they are concerned, they have struck a deal with a customer. Informed the customer of their rights, and the terms of the deal, to which the customer has signed and agreed to these terms.

The customer would now like to terminate this deal, having spent time and effort setting it up in the first place because they have since had a better offer.

Had this been a new customer of mine, I wouldn't be too happy either.

Sprry Phantom, but I think the dealer is right here, and perhaps you should have shopped around before buying

True , i'am not asking for my deposit back, i'am willing to payoff the fianace settlement figure! but the dealer is not making it easy for me to do so !

His car can be back up for sale tommorrow with 500pound in his pocket for the messing around!

p

consilio said:
Am I missing something here?!? Where is this 'name and shame' attitude coming from towards the dealer in question.

As far as they are concerned, they have struck a deal with a customer. Informed the customer of their rights, and the terms of the deal, to which the customer has signed and agreed to these terms.

The customer would now like to terminate this deal, having spent time and effort setting it up in the first place because they have since had a better offer.

Had this been a new customer of mine, I wouldn't be too happy either.

Sprry Phantom, but I think the dealer is right here, and perhaps you should have shopped around before buying

You make a point... a very good one at that...

BUT

there is something slightly inhumane about the dealers attitude. I haven't worked in car sales before so I could be totally wrong but i'll voice my input never the less...
Phantom has obviously voiced his disturbence on ASN & i'm sure he's done the same at the dealers too but has come to no avail as of yet.

Whoever is dealing with him should see some light and just let Phantom have his way. The guys going to be seriously short strawed financially and in terms of getting a good deal. Is it all seriously worth it for abit of "more than average" commision?

It's not as if he/she is never going to sell a car again. Sounds too cold hearted to me but as they say, "business is business". Unfortunately I doubt they see the other side of the curtain which is the concequence of you being out of pocket for a couple of hundred pounds which may not seem alot but it is!

But to be honest, your not getting the WORST deal in the world. The car itself is still going to be amazing and will hold it's value well. It will do you justice in the short & long run.

That's just my 2cents... Anyway back to studying :readit:

phantom said:
What about this, look at it this way

which is the best deal

Dealer car
Phantom black
mfsw
Phone prep dash mounted
Bose
Symphony II+
Electric folding mirrors
Gap
Full tank of petrol
One service free

12 week wait, lose the vat as soon as i hand over my hard earned, loads of messing about with Audi trying to get oyt of the deal!

Brilliant black
08 brand new
Interior light pack
rain and light sensor pack
arm rest
mffbsw
bluetooth in arm rest
SymphonyII +
Bose

28k by the time ive paid the settelment , and lost my deposit

TBH we are struggling money wise to find the 28k

p

Both specs are very nice, but personally i'd prefer Phantom black to brilliant black, and you also have GAP and Supaguard on the original order.

If you are struggling to find the 28K, and if i was in your shoes i'd still go for the original car.

Just look at the 2K as a years depreciation.

Good luck.

consilio said:

This is the bit that interests me.
Did the dealer specifically inform the prospective buyer that a deal signed in their premises was legally binding and there was no cooling off period?
Evidently not.:no:
They'll have known it and have, effectively, decided to use the buyer's ignorance to their advantage.

Sorry, I am struggling with this one!

I am only writing as I have just spent a month researching A3 prices and then finding one. I ensured I paid the right price (May 07 A3 Sportback, 3000 miles, 2.0 T S-line exclusive edition, £21k).

If you have put a deposit down on a car and then find you can get it cheaper elsewhere, is that just not tuff sh1t?

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic to the casue, but from what I have read the only reason for wanting to cancel is that you think the price is too high and I am afraid that should have been thought of before purchase not after.

(flamesuit on!)

I hope my very first post did not come across too badly BTW. I am not normally sympathetic to stealers I can assure you!!

Moisty said:
Sorry, I am struggling with this one!

I am only writing as I have just spent a month researching A3 prices and then finding one. I ensured I paid the right price (May 07 A3 Sportback, 3000 miles, 2.0 T S-line exclusive edition, £21k).

If you have put a deposit down on a car and then find you can get it cheaper elsewhere, is that just not tuff sh1t?

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic to the casue, but from what I have read the only reason for wanting to cancel is that you think the price is too high and I am afraid that should have been thought of before purchase not after.

(flamesuit on!)

Yes, but the point is a consumer normally has a cooling off period.
For some strange reason, those rights seem to be ignored if you sign a finance deal within a dealership.
Very odd.

I agree, it is odd, but it is also the law.

The law is an *** for sure.