Deads Car build thread

DeadxDawn

Reaction score
Thought I'd make a thread on my car, and add my updates here! All work was done by me unless otherwise noted.

So, onto details: back in July, traded my 15 GLI on a 16 S3 base. And I mean base. No back up cam, no push start....

Immediately, I did:
-H&R Super sport springs
-RS3 grill
-Res delete
-Drop in AFE filter, removed oem baffles from air box
-Vinyl wrapped all chrome window trim
-Debadged the rear, added black audi rings
-15mm spacers out back
-10 up front, with the Fifteen52 Tarmacs I had on my GLI (18x8.5).

Then, added a Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU tune, with a uniconnect+ cable.

Reactions: Lehn
I work 21/7's (sometimes longer) so I spend a good chunk of my time off, working on the car.

The last set I had off a couple weeks ago, I had some goodies to install!

Not seen, is Unitronic Stage 2 ECU and TCU upgrade.

We couldnt get the car up high enough, so I found a place that has daily shop space / lift rentals. Took me 8 hours of cursing and swearing. those heat shields, ugh.

Fitment for the CTS DP wasn't bad, had to bash in some of my heat shield near the cat to get rid of the buzz. My stock V band did not want to stay tight cold or hot on the new DP. I threw two nuts on the end, and for now seems to be holding, although Im pretty sure Im getting a leak some where, as the car does not sound good between aggressive shifts and at higher rpms.

This guy was left over, no idea where it came from

While I was under the car, I also noticed this on the rear...

:/

I had noticed I was getting a lot of front wheel spin before even the stage 2 upgrade. With the upgrade, nothing but front tire spin, traction light on all the time.
Had an All Wheel Drive code pop up as well (C111307), so between that donut coupler messed up and the code, Im pretty sure my haldex is kaput.

Didn't even have a chance to launch with the new tune yet. Ugh.

Next set off, Im taking it into Audi, and hopefully it'll be covered under warranty (tuned back to stock of course)

On a more positive note, I got my CTS Turbo catchcan installed. Had to modify the engine cover for it to fit, but overall pretty happy with it, especially considering the price point.

Also installed a CTS torque arm insert. Easy install, huge noticable change in reaction and lack of wheel hop. By the time I drove home (400 km's) the vibration was pretty much like oem. Backing up definitely has more though. Best $30 upgrade to date!

Reactions: Lehn