Dead pixels

Asim1

Reaction score
Pixels on my speedo have gone..except for when I open the doors it will show me which one is open.. but will not show anything else. I have two other speedos that came with the car how can I check if one works before replacing.or can k repair the one already in the car

By pixels I assume you mean the DIS and by speedo I assume you mean the dash cluster...

If its not showing anything other door opening then chances are its just switched off so press the button on the stalk to turn it back on...

As for the other clusters... unless your ECU is immo defeated then they will light up but won't run the engine... the other thing to be aware of is that swapping the cluster to test will also potentially require the radio code to get the radio running again as 2001 and on cars use the dash to store the pin so that you don't need it if you remove the battery for any reason... swapping to another cluster typically resets this and the readio will ask for the PIN again so make sure you have it handy if you try this

<tuffty/>

Tha you so much..appreciate it. I have the codes and what not so will have a check after work.
nkanha
By pixels I assume you mean the DIS and by speedo I assume you mean the dash cluster...

If its not showing anything other door opening then chances are its just switched off so press the button on the stalk to turn it back on...

As for the other clusters... unless your ECU is immo defeated then they will light up but won't run the engine... the other thing to be aware of is that swapping the cluster to test will also potentially require the radio code to get the radio running again as 2001 and on cars use the dash to store the pin so that you don't need it if you remove the battery for any reason... swapping to another cluster typically resets this and the readio will ask for the PIN again so make sure you have it handy if you try this

<tuffty/>

<tuffty/>

Tha you so much..appreciate it. I have the codes and what not so will have a check after work.
nkanha
Just did it now had two minutes spare came straight back on after pressing the button..feel so silly..thanks again

Reactions: neil.c and <tuffty/>