Dead pixels

Big_jim

Reaction score
Hello.
Ive just bought a 2001 S3, and the pixles in the middle bit of the cluster is unreadable.
Ive read about quick fixes, but wanted to know what the easiest way of sorting it out is.

Cheers

Cheers mate.
I haven't read how to do them, but ive found on ebay people selling discs with a how to guild to do them.
Didn't know how good that would be.

Thanks

Take care when soldering it on and especially when removing the old one as the tracks on the PCB tend to want to lift off and if that happens then its game over.

I have done a couple of these now and regardless of what people seem to keep telling everyone they are not "easy" to do !

Doing it yourself is veeeery risky!! gotta be very handy with a soldering iron!! I sent mine off to BBA-Reman and they fixed it for me and returned it to me after 2 days. I had the whole cluster display rebuilt costing me £275 including postage. not sure how much it would be for just the LCD screen but at least you get warranty as well!

Before

IMG_0457.jpg

After

IMG_0492.jpg

ask them to get back to me lol 3 times let me down on booking in my car and never answer the phone

Not a great customer service experience for you then!

I did originally call them last month just to get to get a quote for a new DIS and fitting, they got back to me the next day with a price and a date to get it fitted!

When I called them back up again to book it in they did take almost a week to get back to me for a fitting date, so I started badgering them saying I really needed it done....got an answer phone message on Monday saying they could fit me in this Saturday and that I will get a 'reminder call' on Friday. Pretty lucky as I will be up North for a week or so from Saturday - so will just be an hour stop off whilst I get it sorted.

Dragging up an old thread, i never got this done.
Who id the best to go to to get this done now?

Cheers