1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

dead flies

A4B9 Mar 22, 2016

1. A4B9

A4B9 Well-Known Member

it's getting to that time of the year where any sort of trip on an A road or motorway is going to end up with a load of dead flies splattered all over the front of your car. What's the best way getting rid of them?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

Do mean as and when you can, or during the wash process? Pressure washer is the fastest and safest way. Snow foam or pre wash can help soften them prior to pressure washing.

If you mean in between washes, then spraying them with a quick detailer and then placing a lightly damped MF towel on top. If you have a good cost of protection, and haven't let them sit there too long, then a a gently pat down and it should lift off without you having to wipe or scrub, which could damage the paint.

4. Gazjs

Gazjs Well-Known Member

Agree with the above, although I think I would wait until I was ready to do a full wash over periodic removal.

5. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it works for dead flies but for bird bombs I place a soaking wet cloth on the area and leave for 5 minutes. I then lift the cloth off (no rubbing or other contact) and simply hose off. I would think this will work.

ScottishA4B9 likes this.