Dead battery

Azz

Reaction score
Yesterday MY66 S3 8V, car woudlnt start at totally dead.

Called audi breakdown and AA arrived within the hour. Done some tests and looks like the battery wasn't holding charge. Said something about EFB batteries there's common faults, the stop start batteries.

Anyways took into audi and their service department was closed didn't say much else. So AA put a replacement vehicle through via them selves and got one within few hrs from enterprise, A5

Whats the deal with the batteries. They Should replace under warranty right

I had the same issue with my A3 back in November and they replaced my battery under warranty mate

Reactions: Azz
It took just over two weeks mate, according to the dealer they had to order the battery from Germany

It took just over two weeks mate, according to the dealer they had to order the battery from Germany
Wth lol 2 weeks what's that about. That's daft.

Always needing to order from Germany, you'd think common faults they'll have parts locally

Audi/VW have had a bad batch of MLA MOLL batteries, there are loads of cars/vans affected. Happened to my Q2 at Xmas. Called Audi Assist and they diagnosed a faulty battery. I rang my dealer the next day as it was a Sunday when it happened. From the moment i arrived at the dealership to driving away, it was perhaps 1hr on the Monday. . They did a full diagnostic and changed the battery under warranty. The service time you are being quoted is shocking, I would be contacting Audi UK about that.

Audi/VW have had a bad batch of MLA MOLL batteries, there are loads of cars/vans affected. Happened to my Q2 at Xmas. Called Audi Assist and they diagnosed a faulty battery. I rang my dealer the next day as it was a Sunday when it happened. From the moment i arrived at the dealership to driving away, it was perhaps 1hr on the Monday. . They did a full diagnostic and changed the battery under warranty. The service time you are being quoted is shocking, I would be contacting Audi UK about that.
OK thats alot alot better.

I dropped the car yesterday /Saturday so will chase up ok Monday

If they have to order then it will be coming from Germany which can take a week.

Reactions: Ormesome
OK thats alot alot better.

I dropped the car yesterday /Saturday so will chase up ok Monday

If they have to order then it will be coming from Germany which can take a week.

I’m in Switzerland so I think that’s why the service was so good/quick . Having said that, Audi are aware of the problem and if you google it then you will see loads of threads with this type of problem across the VAG range. You will get it sorted but I think Audi UK dealerships are just a bit slower than other countries so unfortunately you will have to wait a bit.

Reactions: Azz