SQ5 Deactivating start/stop

A3simon

Reaction score
Does anyone know what coding is needed for deactivating start/stop on the sq5 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what coding is needed for deactivating start/stop on the sq5 2018

If you don’t have VCDS or don’t want to change it permanently you can drive around in Dynamic ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll have a play around this weekend. If it's not a simple tick box it may be a voltage that needs changing.

Yeah I was looking for the option to change voltage like the S3 and TTS I’ve done already but nothing I can see anyway

I found in engine adaptions the activation of start-stop feature. I've set to "not active". I haven't tested it as the wife needed to go out for the day and I haven't called her to see if she's noticed anything different.... :)

I had another go, but because VCDS doesn't recognise my ECU I'm reluctant to tinker too much. After my change start/stop was on in dynamic mode. I don't think it was like that before, so I'm going to flip that parameter back.

Can I ask why you want to deactivate the start/stop?

Reactions: CC-SQ5
Can I ask why you want to deactivate the start/stop?
I deactivated it in my Seat Leon Cupra and was planning on doing the same in the SQ5. I find it a bit of a pain tbh as do others...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have a MY18 B9 Audi A4 which I got delivered a couple of weeks ago and I'm also trying to turn off start/stop permanently on it. First of all, i bought a OBD2 Carista dongle and paired with the Carista app, i had the option of disabling SS...however that didn't work, so wasted £15 on it. I then ordered a Kufatec dongle and when I tried this on Monday, again this didn't work. Kufatec have agreed to replace the dongle but i have a nagging feeling that the new one may not work either :(

This worked for me

Modul 08 > Adaptation > channel IDE03253 - A/C comfort parameter for start-stop function > current value 5 > new value 0