1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQ5 Deactivating start/stop

A3simon Jun 6, 2018

1. A3simon

A3simon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what coding is needed for deactivating start/stop on the sq5 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. A3simon

I have vcds

4. mxnrg

mxnrg Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

If you don’t have VCDS or don’t want to change it permanently you can drive around in Dynamic ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

6. DeckedS3

DeckedS3 Well-Known Member

I'll have a play around this weekend. If it's not a simple tick box it may be a voltage that needs changing.

7. A3simon

Yeah I was looking for the option to change voltage like the S3 and TTS I’ve done already but nothing I can see anyway

8. DeckedS3

I found in engine adaptions the activation of start-stop feature. I've set to "not active". I haven't tested it as the wife needed to go out for the day and I haven't called her to see if she's noticed anything different.... :)

9. DeckedS3

That didn’t work.... I’ll keep looking.

10. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Tried it as well to have the start/stop light come on when the car is started so basically it is in reverse - didn't work :(

11. DeckedS3

I had another go, but because VCDS doesn't recognise my ECU I'm reluctant to tinker too much. After my change start/stop was on in dynamic mode. I don't think it was like that before, so I'm going to flip that parameter back.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee Active Member

Can I ask why you want to deactivate the start/stop?

CC-SQ5 likes this.
  14. CC-SQ5

CC-SQ5 Member

I deactivated it in my Seat Leon Cupra and was planning on doing the same in the SQ5. I find it a bit of a pain tbh as do others...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

I have a MY18 B9 Audi A4 which I got delivered a couple of weeks ago and I'm also trying to turn off start/stop permanently on it. First of all, i bought a OBD2 Carista dongle and paired with the Carista app, i had the option of disabling SS...however that didn't work, so wasted £15 on it. I then ordered a Kufatec dongle and when I tried this on Monday, again this didn't work. Kufatec have agreed to replace the dongle but i have a nagging feeling that the new one may not work either :(

16. A3simon

This worked for me

Modul 08 > Adaptation > channel IDE03253 - A/C comfort parameter for start-stop function > current value 5 > new value 0