de coke

Godzilla1980

Reaction score
Hi thinking of de coke my rs4 any ideas best place an price? Cheers an maybe miltek an remap undecided cheers

Any of the major players will do you a deal on a milltek and remap - AMD/MRC/Unit20 etc.

Regarding a decoke, it'll only come back after 5k -10k miles or so, so you have to question if it's worth bothering. It's a lot of money for minimal gain.

Thank you 5-10k miles!! Shocking so glad I joined this forum I was told 50k miles I'm at 65 at mo an thought de coke maybe miltek an remap and I have a complete different car kind of burst me bubble lol cheers

A lot of the loss of power on an rs4 comes from vacuum leaks which are often corrected when a decoke is performed. Best thing to do if you're not happy with the current performance if to get it on a dyno and see what it makes - if it's making 400+ps then probably not much wrong with it. It's it's making 360 or something it's likely a vacuum leak.
Carbon will cost you maybe at worst 20ps. But a clean, remap and an exhaust will give you perhaps 30 back so you got to ask... Is £3000+ worth 30hp? Probably not IMO.

Lol well when you put it like that then yeh no point really will put her on dyno curious to see what she got will let you know cheers

I would seriously consider a Terraclean, but make sure you go to a place that has the S-Tool. Not all agents do. The S-Tool cleans the induction side, valves etc and removes carbon deposits. I had mine done the other day £180 and the difference is noticable.
A quick power test is to put her in 3rd, then time the acceleration from 3000 to 8000 rpm. It should be around 8.5secs if running the correct output. I did this test pre clean and the best i could manage was 9 secs.. Post clean I got and 8.4... Very pleased with the results.

They claim it's as good as a manual carbon clean and I'm confident (as are all the major tuning companies) that it's not.

When AMD/MRC/revolution/Unit20 all say the same thing - that it's no replacement for a manual clean - I'm inclined to believe them.

Sure - it can remove some deposits. But anyone who's actually done a clean and seen the solid lumps of rock hard carbon that come out will testify, no gas is removing that when it takes elbow grease and a scraper to get it off by hand.

I'm sure it improves things - but a replacement for a manual clean it isn't.

Agreed, its more of an annual service - get it blasted or even better a chemical soak, then Terraclean one a year to prevent build up again...