De-Chroming

Tom17591

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here. Have a Daytona Grey S3 Saloon on order.

Any idea on how much I’d be looking at to have someone dechrome around the windows and front grill with black wrap? Or how difficult a task is it to attempt myself and get a good finish?

Leasing so will need to remove the wrap in 4 years time so also is it easy enough to remove without leaving any marks?

Frustratingly, wanted the red callipers but they just tipped the car into the luxury car tax bracket so couldn’t justify the extra £1400 in tax over for them over the 4 years so think I’ll have to live without.

Cheers,

I've seen great DIY results and also terrible ones,go to a trusted wrapper

Reactions: Q5 TRS
I will get some pictures tomorrow for you guys

Reactions: SleAze, Tom17591, Ludus and 2 others
With minor cosmetic changes like dechromming, I'm not sure the BCA person collecting it would even know that it did not come from factory like that if the dechroming done was to a very high standard, since Technik and Edition 1 comes dechromed anyway...

Chrome delete on my S7 (5 years old now) - Cost was £180 and took a couple of hours.
My guy was in Newbury West Berks, but any decent wrapper can do this:thumbs up:
Audi S7 Chrome Delete

Reactions: SquidGame, Ludus and Wxm
I got my A3 window trim dechromed today, added some window tints and think it looks a lot better.

20210316 171737

I also dechromed the silver panels at the front (not really chrome) as hated those
20210316 171741

Reactions: NIKLDN
This car looks a beast with the murdered look.

you got anything else planned?

This car looks a beast with the murdered look.

you got anything else planned?
I'm liking the look alot. I ended up leaving the chrome on the front as it actually breaks it up nicely and adds to the look.

Thinking about looking at some new alloys for it, but finding it hard to decide what style to go with and whether I should leave grey/silver or go black.

Also going to be retrofitting a reversing camera as didn't get the C&S pack.

Sounds good. I was about to purchase the S line edition without the C&S pack etc... but after doing the maths, retrofitting it all, I managed to grab a bargain for an Edition 1 with the C&S pack, 19” alloys, etc.
DBAE3383 CFB7 4890 8B13 98D7BE7DA4CD

The Edition 1 looks great. I sort of wish I'd gone with that with the Matrix LEDs, but ended up getting a great deal on mine, with no wait time for it to be built due to the person who originally ordered it pulling out last minute.

Reactions: NIKLDN
I'm liking the look alot. I ended up leaving the chrome on the front as it actually breaks it up nicely and adds to the look.

Thinking about looking at some new alloys for it, but finding it hard to decide what style to go with and whether I should leave grey/silver or go black.

Also going to be retrofitting a reversing camera as didn't get the C&S pack.

Let me know how the reverse camera job goes I’m thinking of doing the same

iPhone 12 Pro

Think I’m going to de-chrome my S3, wasn’t sure at first but seen a few now with Navarra blue and black trim and it looks way better than I thought it would.

Think I’m going to de-chrome my S3, wasn’t sure at first but seen a few now with Navarra blue and black trim and it looks way better than I thought it would.

Is it pictures you’ve seen of the Navarra blue dechromed? If so could you post them? I’m interested in getting mine done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it pictures you’ve seen of the Navarra blue dechromed? If so could you post them? I’m interested in getting mine done

Its actually because I keep seeing Navarra blue RS6’s that look amazing, so I want to mimic that a bit with the S3. like this image attached, going for the same style wheels too.

C678DEA8 E1F4 428C 9D84 35CA59E62005

Its actually because I keep seeing Navarra blue RS6’s that look amazing, so I want to mimic that a bit with the S3. like this image attached, going for the same style wheels too.

View attachment 234369

Yeah I’ve done the same seeing rs5’s I’m with you on the alloys, it’s annoying because Audi claim theirs are diamond cut but they’re definitely not.

Yeah I’ve done the same seeing rs5’s I’m with you on the alloys, it’s annoying because Audi claim theirs are diamond cut but they’re definitely not.

Some might say why not buy an RS6, the response is obviously because its triple the ******* price! :welcoming:

First thing I’m doing when i win the lottery, buying an RS6! Until then, the S3 will do as a substitute :sunglasses:

Yup seen that, planning on leaving the Audi Rings Silver and the silver/grey flecks in the Grill alone as Well, but other than that Its spot on.

Wouldn’t go full black alloys As well, want some silver in them too so the Black polished ones set it off nicely imo.

Been quoted £750 for the following to be dechromed by Enkhanz in Bradford they seem pretty pricey but they’ve done work on Amir Khans vehicles and Anthony Joshuas too I think. That was for

side sills
Window trim
Front Grill(external chrom only not the Matt silver in the grill itself)
Front lip
Rear lip

will get some other quotes but it’s cheaper than I thought it would be from there. This video is kinda along the lines of what I’m after.

Been quoted £750 for the following to be dechromed by Enkhanz in Bradford they seem pretty pricey but they’ve done work on Amir Khans vehicles and Anthony Joshuas too I think. That was for

side sills
Window trim
Front Grill(external chrom only not the Matt silver in the grill itself)
Front lip
Rear lip

will get some other quotes but it’s cheaper than I thought it would be from there. This video is kinda along the lines of what I’m after.

If it helps I was quoted the following

- Window Trim - £90
- Front Vents - £40
- Front Grill - £60

TLC Detailing Will remover all chrome and paint gloss black for £1000.

This includes

Front grill
Vent surrounds
Front lip
Front and back Audi badge
Wing mirrors
Side sill
Window surrounds
Rear diffuser

Very reputable company which I’m willing to pay extra for to make sure the job is done right.

TLC Detailing Will remover all chrome and paint gloss black for £1000.

This includes

Front grill
Vent surrounds
Front lip
Front and back Audi badge
Wing mirrors
Side sill
Window surrounds
Rear diffuser

Very reputable company which I’m willing to pay extra for to make sure the job is done right.

Mine were going to be wrapped, not sure on the pros and cons of either tbh first time I’ve done anything like this.

Found this which is way nearer than any of the other places and it’s exactly how I want mine to look, so hopefully they give me a decent quote

Reactions: auzzam_crd and STmichael
If it helps I was quoted the following

- Window Trim - £90
- Front Vents - £40
- Front Grill - £60
Care to share which company and if it's anywhere near London? Considering doing the grill and vents (and bottom lip), or maybe just the vents first.

Care to share which company and if it's anywhere near London? Considering doing the grill and vents (and bottom lip), or maybe just the vents first.
No worries

It was primo protective films based in Woking.

They did the dechrome and window tints, and so far very happy with things

I find it ironic that the lowest trim in UK (Technik) has the de-chrome or so called black-pack when it comes to the front grill and vents, and the Sport / S-line have the chrome (thought black pack/dechrome was always more 'sporty'), and we actually pay to get it done to the one that comes standard on the lowest Technik (dechrome). I guess to Audi the chrome is 'upmarket' but then Edition 1 has de-chrome...confused....

Reactions: auzzam_crd
We're going to be starting this for our subscribers very shortly, already done it for a few of you guys...

We are London based and prices currently look to start from £300 depending on what you want wrapped

The video will be out in the next week or so when we are officially launching the service!

Would love to meet you guys and hang out!

All profits naturally go back into the channel - a way to help us grow it and bring you guys better content.

Auzzam

Reactions: Wxm
Do you have any photos of the front of the car dechromed?

I don't as currently it's still got the chrome as wasn't too sure if dechroming the front would be too much.

Having lived with it for a couple weeks now I actually like how it breaks things up a little, so still tossing up if I do or not.

I'd be keen to see a photo of someone's black A3 with the front dechromed too.

Reactions: db23
I'd be keen to see a photo of someone's black A3 with the front dechromed too.
I guess you can always go onto auto-trader and select the Technik trim, and you can see how a Sport trim would look completely dechromed at the front.